Chapter 5 PART II

Thousands and millions of apologies for the extreme delay in uploading. *hides face*
 I am not entirely happy with the chapter and I am sure you won't too because this was written in bits and parts. However, I hope this can be like a sort of filler for the next one.

And just because I am a hopeless optimist, I really and genuinely hope that you enjoy this chapter. Again apologies to all who were waiting for an update and I couldn't deliver on my promise. I am going to stop making them because my schedule is seriously erratic and promises are very tough to keep.

Please vote if you like the chapter and more please please comment your thoughts- good or bad (just don't be too harsh). So I think i have gone on long enough. ENJOY!

P.S. Really sorry and I am leaving now..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Maybe there is more truth in how you feel than in what actually happens.”

SIsterhood of Travelling Pants

“No, don’t budge. We are giving them a good deal. If they want to look elsewhere then it’ll be their loss and Demetri knows that too,” Michael said.

“Okay, Sir. I just hope that you are right,” James, his P.A replied.

“Yes, I am sure. Now keep me updated and let me know if I need to intervene to convince him.”

“Of course. I’ll keep you updated, Sir.”

Michael flipped his phone and exited the balcony, eager to pick up the kissing session with Violet. He caught her exiting the room in a hurry when he turned around. He sighed, shaking his head from side to side wondering what made her so skittish. He understood that she was shy and reserved but her behaviour towards him left him really confused. She blew hot and cold randomly.

When he entered the bathroom, he was greeted with the scent of apples and cassis though there were no products lying around. He shook his head and switched on the shower turning the tap towards cold water when his mind started replaying the morning’s events and the pliant way in which her body melted against his.

He grimaced at his thoughts. He was turning into a sap. At this rate, he would lose his man card in a few minutes. Disgusted with his thoughts, he switched off the shower and stepped out heading towards the closet to change.

As he was walking down the stairs, he noticed that someone had opened up the windows and curtains. He narrowed his eyes at the intrusion guessing that the changes were made by Violet because Ruth knew that he didn’t like to let the light in. Annoyed with Violet, he headed towards the kitchen where he could hear Ruth talking.

He caught the tail end of the conversation when he entered and Violet’s concentration with the pancakes. When she turned around to look at him, he forgot his annoyance. Her checking him out was doing strange things to his insides and the blush that rose in her cheeks when he acknowledged her staring fascinated him. He hardly knew any woman who blushed in this day and age.

He had known Ruth since he was a little boy and knew that she was trying to figure out the dynamics between Violet and him. He knew that all the observations and suspicions would be reported to his grandmother. He was not stupid. His grandmother could be a snob when she wanted to be but she always maintained good relations with people. He ate his breakfast quietly as Ruth quizzed Violet about her background in the most obvious manner. He turned to look at Violet, ready to come to her rescue when the need arose but it seemed that she really didn’t care about anything except her pancakes. He looked on amused as she asked for more strawberries and squirted a generous amount of chocolate syrup on top of them.