Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*UNEDITED*

Ella slid into bed with Angie and closed her eyes. After twenty minutes of thrashing around, she got up and walked to the bathroom. Something was very wrong with her. Her heart was beating furiously against her chest and she couldn't stop sweating. The smell of mint and pine invaded her senses and left her feeling lightheaded.

She splashed cold water on her face and toweled it. When she looked in the mirror, she saw bright aqua eyes staring back at her, brighter than they had ever been. Her cheeks were tinted a rosy pink and despite the lack of sleep, she looked happy, content, at peace.

Ella thought about the events of the day and her thoughts drifted towards her parents. Nobody had confirmed that her mother had passed away and Ella was hoping that nobody would. But she knew how unhappy her mother had been after Xavier's passing. She knew that Elise longed for her mate. They had always been perfect with each other, two halves of a whole...

Ella closed her eyes for a moment and the realization hit her like a brick wall. She sank to the floor when she realized that the man from earlier was in fact, her mate! No wonder her body was in a frenzy! Her mother had told her once that being the children of the Alpha and Luna, their senses were heightened and they would be able to recognize their mates without touching them.

Ella frantically thought about her options. Should she tell him? Should she wait for him to realize who she was? Ella knew that mates were destined to be together. They were, for all practical purposes, made for each other! They would provide each other with love, comfort and protection. Who would be silly enough to throw that away? With that happy thought in mind, Ella decided to tell him the following day, first thing in the morning. She was ecstatic but also a little nervous. She jumped into bed, wanting a full night's rest for the task she had to complete in the morning. She fell asleep with an excited smile.

*

Xander pulled the sheet so that his mate was covered and wouldn't feel cold. She was absolutely perfect. Her beauty, her body, her mind, her heart, everything was in perfect sync with Xander. He felt so unbelievably lucky to have found his mate. He kissed her cheek softly and climbed out of bed. He headed towards the bathroom and leaned against the sink. The previous night had been absolutely perfect. Cher had agreed to mate with him and be marked by him. Xander honestly couldn't believe his luck. Cher Ashby was proud to bear his mark.

They talked about everything they possibly could. Xander told her how long he'd waited for her and how much she meant to him already. Cher promised him to move back to his pack and help rebuild it. Nothing could have made Xavier happier.

While he was daydreaming, Cher had woken up. She looked around but found that the bed was empty. So she headed towards the bathroom and found her mate leaning against the sink. Cher couldn't believe what a perfect man she had for a mate. She couldn't have asked for anybody else, so beautiful inside and out. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his body.

Xander turned immediately and scooped Cher into his arms. He deeply inhaled the smell of Vanilla and kissed her, one, twice and then thrice before she started giggling.

"Come on, we'd better get ready. My brother is back and I don't know how he's going to take the news of his little sister having mated the Alpha of the Crescent pack!" She chuckled.

Xander simply smiled at her and nodded. He would give her the moon if that's what she truly wished for.

*

Ella gently picked up Angie and bounced her in her arms, just like her mate had done yesterday. Even thinking about him sent tingles up her spine. She smiled and spun the baby around earning a gleeful giggle from her.