Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Hello everyone, how’s it going?

I hope you’re enjoying the story so far. Tell me what you want to see in the next few chapters!

Picture on the side is of Camilla. :)

*UNEDITED*

Parker was terribly anxious to be away from Ella. He wanted to go back and keep her in his arms; but he had responsibilities. The war was going out of hand and Parker couldn’t afford to lose more warriors. He had some serious planning to do once he got his head together.

No matter how much he tried to concentrate, he couldn’t. Parker felt lonely and empty. It was as if the room seemed duller, his responsibilities seemed less important.

Maybe that’s why Xander didn’t mind giving up the title of Alpha, he thought.

Someone knocked at the door, snapping him out of his reverie.

“Come in.” He said smoothly.

Darius, Full Moon pack’s military general approached Parker with a grim look on his face. The atmosphere in the room immediately became tense and a sense of foreboding filled the atmosphere.

“Alpha Ashby.” Darius bowed respectfully.

“Rise Darius and tell me what you want to.” Parker said; eager to hear the information.

Darius sat down on the chair across Parker and took a long breath before continuing.

“Sir, the Blood Hound pack is growing and it’s not long before they come for us. They have captured the West shore pack and I’m very sorry to inform you that Alpha Ford is no more.” Darius informed him, his head hung low.

Parker was devastated to hear the news. Alpha Mark Ford of the West Shore pack was an excellent man. He visited Parker’s parents often and had been a close friend of the Ashby family.

The room was silent for a long time. Parker was deep in thought-already planning his next move. He was well aware that the Full Moon pack was going to be targeted by Jasper- the Alpha of the Blood Hound pack, very soon. He had considered every possibility it took months of sleepless nights to secure his pack.

“Darius, I need you to tighten security around our land. There should be patrols every hour. Make sure all the cameras are functional and updated. I want the wall surrounding the pack boundary to be checked for cracks or sings of intrusion. The gate isn’t to be opened for any strangers without a thorough check.” Parker commanded and Darius started tapping away on his phone.

“I presume the soldiers are training hard and ready to fight?” Parker inquired of the general.

“Of course, sir. I do not tolerate any weakness.” Darius replied proudly, puffing his chest subconsciously.

“That’s why I trust you with my military Darius. I’m proud to call you my General.” Parker told him, making him feel gratified and happy.

“I also want you to inform college students that it is forbidden to cross the boundary wall. They shouldn’t even be seen near it; especially students from other packs. I want you to run background checks on all of them and make sure that all of them are clean.” Parker stated with a hint of worry in his voice.

“I’ll have it done by the end of the day, Alpha. There’s one more thing.” Darius said hesitantly, not meeting Parker’s eye.

Parker looked at him, worry creasing his forehead.