Chapter 9.

HARMONEE'S P.O.V.

A week has past since I got my dress for that stupid party Airabelle talked me into going to, and it was currently Halloween.

"Ow!" I said as Airabelle pulled my hair some more.
"Stop moving and I wouldn't hurt so bad." She hissed back.

I rolled my eyes but listened any way, because I knew she was right. She came over two and half hours ago to get ready for the party, she dressed up in a Spiderman body suit costume. And now she's working on me now and it's taking forever!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

After what felt like years Airabelle was finally done with me. When she helped me zip up the dress and handed me my mask, she let me look into the mirror. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened, the girl looking back at me in the mirror was not me. She had soft, white skin with the ghost of a light tan. Her eyes were framed with lightly put on black mascara. And her hair was perfectly curled, with her bangs swept right a crossed her forehead and neatly pinned back.

"Wow." I whispered.  
"I know you look totally hot! Now come on it's already dark out and we need to go." she gushed as I grabbed my heals and handbag with my phone in it.

She rushed me out the door and Jackson was waiting in his truck, he was dressed up as a nerd.  Airabelle sat in the middle saying she worked to had on me for it to all be squashed. so I got to sit by the door. The drive was filled with loud country music blasting through his new speakers, it wasn't long but by the time we got there it was already nine o'clock. Jackson parked down the street so I could put my mas on. Once we were standing in front of the house my jaw hit the ground for a second time that night.

"There is no way that this"  I said pointing at the house "Is a house."
"Oh, it is. I heard it was Tiffanies grandparents summer house..." Jackson trailed off.
"Well, the music sounds loud. And from the looks of it so is the alcohol." Airabelle said dragging us along with her.

Once inside a butler directed us to a staircase that pointed down to a massive room, were all the other costumed people stood. Airabelle and Jackson went a head of me, but when I stared my decent down the stairs the music stopped and everybody was staring at me. Heat rose up my neck and on to my face. I slowly made my was down the massive staircase, I heard a few wolf whistles the music started again and I finally made it to the bottom where Jackson and Airabelle waited for me. Soon after Jackson disappeared and then Airabelle soon drifted off too. So as I made it to the "refreshment" table, it had some food at one end and at the other was alcohol and other beverages.

"Hey there, beautiful." an all to familiar voice filled my ears.
I turned to face Knox. He was dresses up a Prince Charming. Go figure. I blushed and smiled at him.
"What your name?" he asked "I don't think I've seen you around at school before."
"My name is Rose." I answered giving him my middle name. "And no I don't got to your school, my friend brought me." I finished and turned around starting to walk away.
"Wait!" he called after me. I turned around and waited for him to come to me. "Dance with me." He said as a slow song came on. I blushed again, but nodded.

He gingerly took my hand and lead me out to the middle of the dance floor. He brought me in close and put one hand on the small of my back and held my other hand.

"You-- you remind me of someone." He said lowly. I froze, he knew who I really was.
"Who?" I whispered.
"A girl I fell in love with, no actually I am in love with her. But I did things she probably hates me for now." He sighed.
"Oh.." I trailed off. Now I knew he wasn't talking about me.

The song ended and I looked up at him, smiled then walked away. I heard him calling after "me" but I didn't dare turn around, it hurt to much to face him. Sure I wasn't in love with the boy, but I did like him. He did save me after all. But to know he was in love with someone else was heartbreaking, as I swiftly moved my way through the crowd in escape I bumped into  Tiffany.

Shit I thought.
"Your the little slut that thought she could dance with my boyfriend during our song." She sneered
"And exactly who do you think I am?" I sneered back.
Her eyes widened a bit, then she smirked and said "I don't know just yet but I will find out. Then your ass is mine. So watch you back bitch." then she briskly turned around with her little minions hot on her trail.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I walked around for a little while longer, until my feet hurt so badly from the five inch pumps Airabelle made me wear because I was just absolutely, positively to short to be a princess. I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous memory, and walked over to a bench at the back of the room. I sat down and then bent over to take the darn things off. As I was pealing the last one off, of my aching feet a pair of nicely dressed feet came into view. I tilted my head up to see the owner for the person, whose feet were covered in Italian lather shoes. When my eyes looked up, the meet an unfamiliar pair of warm, chocolate eyes. Even though his face was covered in a beautiful black mask, I could tell the tall, unknown male was gorgeous.

He was wearing a white dress up shirt that had the top few buttons undone, a black suit jacket, and a nicely fitted pair of slacks. His hazelnut, brown hair was swept up into a nice swish, he had this huge smile that put his pearly whites on display, slightly showing the little indents on each side foe his perfect smile.  

_________________________________________________________________________

There you go lovelies!

I know it's been forever but I have been busy and grounded but hey this is a little longer then normal.

but I have to go to bed now...

Xoxo~ Cinderella <3 <3 <3