Chapter 4.

Aleck has ignored me all day, he wont even glance my way. It's like I did something wrong. I know I didn't but it just feels that way. As I walk down the hall I run into someone I did not want to run into Tiffany. Tiffany Winters. "Watch it" she sneered.

"Why don't you?" I asked, lightly shoulder checking her and walking around her.
"Excuse me?" She shrieked and pulled me back by my shoulder. I wouldn't have fallen if I was suspecting it. I got up leaving my stuff on the floor and faced her.
"Oh, your the little bitch that got my Knox suspended." she seethed.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever  get out of my face." I said whitelist rolling my eyes and picking my stuff up, and walking off.

~-~-~-~-~

By the end of the day I was exhausted. I slung my backpack of my shoulder and trudged to the doors, just as I made it outside the last bus was pulling out.

"Just my luck." I muttered and started on my way down the road. I pulled out my phone and head phones and played the song The Heart of Dixie by Danielle Bradbery. Leaving one head phone out as I walked so I knew if there was a car behind me.

"She had a dead end job at the national bank
And a dead beat husband who always drank.

So when he didn't come home,
She had the gin to thank
for the tears in her eyes.

So Dixie packed up and said her goodbyes
And she went driving so far nobody's gonna find her." I quietly sang along.

Just as the next verse started I heard the loud screeching of tires. I turned my head and seen a car I had hoped not to see. I quickly turned off my music and shoved my phone in my book bag and took off running down the road.

"Stop!" the person in the car had yelled so I turned a corner and pushed a little harder. But to no avail I still could hear the roar of the 72 Chevy Nova. I ran and turned down another street. Turning down every street I could. I came to a halt at the end of the dead end road and turned around only to be met with Knox. Knox Blake. The guy who tackled me and put me in the ER.

"What do you want?" I spat at him, ready to run.
"Calm down, Sugar. I'm just here to apologize." he said walking closer.
"Stop. You don't need to be any closer to apologize." I said sternly, but he didn't listen.
He was about an arms length away now. "Harmonee, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't even know what happened. I guess I'm just not used to being talked to like that."
"Whatever." I huffed out and started o walk past him. But when I was right next to him his arm shot out and stopped me. He pulled me in and hugged me tight. I squirmed uncomfortably as his arms went from around my torso to around my waist.

"Please" he whimpered "Hug me back." I sighed and brought my arms around his neck. As I did this he nuzzled he head in to my neck and I shuttered.

"Alright that's enough." I said pulling away and started back on my trek down the old asphalt road.

~-~-~-~-~-~

When I got home it nearly seven o-clock at night. So I just snuck up to my room and changed into my pj's and curled up and went to bed.

When I woke up the next morning my hair was a ratted mess and sticking every which way. So I trudged out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom. I put the water on as I striped down  to nothing, then got in. I let the steaming hot water pelt my skin like bullets from a gun.

Once washed, shampooed and conditioned, I got out and wrapped my fuzzy, light, blue towel around my reddened skin and walked back to my bed room. I put on my skin tight skinny jeans, a white tank top, then my baggy, red sweater with mickey mouse on the front. I slipped on my black vans and grabbed my book bag and was out the door. The walk to school was slow and slightly chilly since it was the being to turn into winter. I got to school and walked to my locker.

But when I opened it I did not expect what happened.

A bucket of dark blue paint fell out and onto my head. I was shocked until I heard the infamous snicker of Tiffany Winters behind me.

"That'll teach her a lesson. Won't t girls." She sneered behind me. So I purposefully spun around so I would get pain on her.
"What will?" I asked innocently, because this was not the first time I had a bucket of pain dropped on my head. Stupid summer camp.
She had a bewildered look on her face, that was nicely speckled in dark blue. "Oh I will get you for this." she seethed.
"Oh I think I will." I snickered as I shut my locker and started to limp out of the crowed that formed around us, and made my way to the office.

Once I pushed through the door, the secretary looked at me in horror. "Oh my! You poor child what happened." She shrieked.
"I opened my locker and a bucket of paint feel out." I faked a whimper to add to the hurt puppy look I had going on.
"Lets get you to the nurse." she said rushing to my side. By now the bell had rang and everyone was in first period.