Learning

I woke up, from the smell of bacon. I got up, strecthed, yawned, and slouched to the kitchen. I saw bacon, and eggs, and biscuits. Then I looked at Valerie, cooking.

   I pursed my lips, how does she cook with one arm? I shrugged it off, and made a sandy-wich. I put some eggs, then cheese from the fridge, and bacon, all in between a biscuit.

   While eating, I saw Evelyn peek her head around the corner. She looked at me, to Valerie, and back to me. She pointed at Valerie, and mouthed 'Did you tell her?'. I held my breath, and shook my head, but of course, it was a lie. She let out the breath she was holding, and silently came to sit on the bar stool right next to me. I let mine go too, and Valerie turned around, and stopped. Her and Evy, having a stare down.

   "Who's your friend, Evy?" Valerie gave Evelyn a plate of food, and herself one, as well. But, Valerie ate standing.

   "Wait, friend?" Evelyn asked, then her face looked as if she just realized who she meant. Evelyn shot me an irritated, worried/nervous look,

   "Umm," then she turned back to Valerie, "You know about that huh?" Chewing her lip nervously.

   Valerie put her hand, on her hip, "Yup, spill," she said, with an impossibly straight face.

   Evelyn sighed, "Okay, well his name is Terrance, and we have been best friends ever since Kindergarten, and his mom is a supersticious person, so the summer before 6th grade, she told him we couldn't hang out anymore, and so, we see eachother in the hallways, at school everyday, and he isn't," she paused, "usually, a rule breaker, so he always followed his mom's rules. We never talked since then, but, he said he couldn't hide his feeling anymore, since he's in my P.E. class, when he started talking to me, telling me that he didn't care about his mom's stupid rules, and he wants to hang out again, but I hesitated and then he kissed me, and then, we kinda, um, made out, at his dorm, last night..." she looked from Valerie, to me, and back to Valerie.

   "Uh, ok, 1. Wow, and 2." at first she had a normal tone, but then, she yelled, "How could you cheat on Kendall?! And, and, what are you gonna do, I mean, because you can't hide Terrance forever?!"

   Evelyn's face faltered, "I already fixed that..."

   "How?" I blurted.

   "Last night when Terrance came over, and, he gave me a piggy-back ride to Kendall's dorm, and then Terry kissed me, right in front of his face, and Kendall tried to punch Terry, and then he broke up with me, and then Terry and I made out..." she said, and then looked at us, then down to her plate, and ate.

   Then there was a knock, and Evy went to get it. She slowly opened the door, and, from where I was sitting, I could only see Evelyn jump a little, like someone scared her. Then, I heard, lip smacking, weird, I know, but like, kissy sounds... it stopped. Groaning, then Evy walked into the hallway, and slammed the door. Ok then, I thought.

   Then the door opened once again, just after I cleaned up. Evelyn walked through, Terrance trailing not far behind. Evy pulled Terrance in, and they stood in the living room.

   "Valerie, this is Terrance," then she looked up at him,and pointed at me, "that's Fionna," then she pointed at Valerie," and that's Valerie, who just came out of the hospital," she looked back up at Terry.

   "Nice to, formally, meet you," he smiled.

   "Okay, fine," then Valerie turned around and left.

   Terrance looked a little confused, but Evy whispered something to him. He nodded.

   "But why, exactly, did you come?" Evelyn turned looking Terrance in the face.

   "Well, I wanted to walk to school with you," his hand was on Evelyn's head, and he rubbed her head, messing up her hair.

   "Okay, let's go," she said, fixing her hair.

   We grabbed our back packs, and left for school, Valerie included.