Coming Back

-----Fionna's POV-----

   Marshall and I decided to cook for everyone. For when Valerie came back. We talked, and cooked at the same time.

   "Where might, have Evelyn gone, do you think?" Marshall asked, glancing at me through the corner of his eyes. But quickly looking back at the burgers he was grilling.

   "No idea," I shrugged, "but I assume she would go to Kendall, or Terrance," I thought aloud, taking the fries out of the oven. I wouldn't know, exactly where Evelyn was, but I just assumed either of them, because she is just getting herself into trouble. I mean, it's not like I can fix it, or help fix it anyway, because I promised not to tell Kendall, and that would be me, betraying one of my best friends. It's not like I can just tell Evy what to do, because I don't know how she feels and what she has been through.

   The door opened, and Evelyn came through. She looked up at us, and bit her lip.

   "Hey guys," she waved, smiling.

   "And, where were you?" I asked jokingly. She giggled nervously,

   "Some where," she looked at the ground, then back at me as I gave her a 'cmon, you can tell me' look. She sighed, "Okay, I was kinda at, Terrance's place," she smiled innocently, blushing. My face faltered, and my smile faded a little. Hers did too when she saw my face. "Is it that bad?" she asked.

   "Well," I said, my eyes darted around nervously, "I-it's not like your cheating on Kendall, right?" I started as sure as possible, but then I realized, I didn't know what Evelyn did, or was doing, what she was planning on... Evelyn made a face,

   "Uhh, no, heh heh," she chewed her lip, and laughed nervously. She was lying. I could just tell, because Evelyn is a terrible, liar.

   "You suck at lying, Evy," I told her, and she pouted,

    "Ugh, I know!" she rolled her eyes, and then looked at the ground, "I, who's all here?"

   "Just you, Marshall and I,"

   "Okay, then, I kinda, umm," she paused, "Actually, I can't tell you," she sighed, and chewed her lip again.

   "No, you just don't want to," said Marshall. Evelyn looked at him, about to speak, but stuttered sounds, were the only things that came out. I chuckled.

   "Humph!" Evelyn turned and sat down on a bar stool. "What are you guys doing anyway?"

   "We're cooking dinner for when Valerie comes back," I told her. I looked at the clock, 4:50. I looked at the food next to Marshall, and we already cooked a lot, so, I made some lemonade. It took maybe 5 minutes, so I tidied up the rooms a little, and Evy helped me. It was 5:00, and Evelyn, Marshall, and I, waited for Valerie's arrival in the living room. Evy and I were jumping around on the couch, running around the room, needing to release our energy.

   Marshall just leaned against the wall, and laughed. Me and Evelyn threw ourselves on the couch, panting. We heard footsteps in the hall, and Evy and I looked at eachother, gasped, and stood up. The door knob turned, and Nick walked in with Valerie. Valerie waved,

   "Aaaaaaaahhhh!" Evelyn and I screamed, running towards her. Nick looked a little nervous when we hugged Valerie, but were gentle with her broken arm.

   "Oh my glob! I missed you so much!" Evelyn yelled.

   "Me too, why couldn't you get better sooner?" I joked, and everyone laughed. Marshall walked up to Nick, and started talking to him, while we all ate. I half expected Kendall to be here, in the reunion, but he wasn't.

   Evelyn sat on the couch, looked around, and pulled out her phone, as Marshall and Nick left, and Valerie and I went to my room.