4-Shopping With Love

Later on that day, Noodle decided that she needed to resupply their fridge. From the way it looked this morning, they hardly had any food left. Grabbing her backpack, she left her room. Rushing down the hallway, she accidentally ran into none other than 2D.

"Oh! Gomen'nasai! I did not see you there!" Noodle apologized, holding her chest in shock from the collision.

2D chuckled lightly. "'s fine, Noods. I wasn't payin' attention. What are you doing, anyways?"

"I was going to go to the store. We do not have a lot of supplies in the kitchen," she explained.

"Oh, well...can I go wiff ya?" he asked, smiling his crooked-toothed smile that Noodle always found adorable.

The events of earlier that morning replayed in her head, causing the young woman to feel sad. However, she knew that this would be quality time with the guy of her dreams How could she refuse such an offer?

"Hai! Of course you can come with me!" Noodle beamed out.

Smiling, 2D grabbed the keys to the jeep from the main room. "But I get to drive."

With a huff, Noodle crossed her arms. "But I was going to drive!"

"I'm driving, Noods," 2D said, leaning down close to Noodle.

Their faces were mere inches from touching each other, causing the Japanese girl to blush. The blue headed man smirked, rubbing their noses together briefly before leaning back. Slight disappointment crossed Noodle's face, but she covered it up. However, the fact that he rubbed his nose with hers caused a bright blush to form on her face.

"Fine, you can drive!" she gave in, pouting.

With a triumphant grin, 2D placed a hand on the young woman's back, leading her outside.

-

From the kitchen, Murdoc and Russel snickered as the two left their home. Murdoc crossed his arms, a jagged-toothed smirk present on his face.

"When are they gonna just get it on?! They know they want to," Murdoc sighed out, getting frustrated with 2D and Noodle.

Russel glanced at one of the smoke stains on the kitchen wall from earlier. "Noodle doesn't think 2D is attracted to her like that. And 2D thinks Noodle deserves someone better than him. They're both makin' it complicated when it's really not."

"Wow, Russ. That was deep for you ta say..." Murdoc said, glancing out the window.

Russel shrugged. "Well, I mean it's true. They hurtin' themselves more than helpin'."

Murdoc continued to stare out of the window, watching as 2D helped Noodle into the jeep, driving off down the street. "We need to find a way to get them together. I don't wanna sound all lovey dovey, but this is getting ridiculous."

"Well hell, what do you think we should do?" Russel asked.

"I think settin' ole 2D on those shitty blind dates'll work," Murdoc suggested, noticing the glare Russel was giving him. "What?"

-

Meanwhile, 2D parked in front of the closest grocery store chain to the Gorillaz home/studio. Noodle slid out before her blue haired crush could help her, smiling over at him as she made her way towards the entrance.

2D watched the young, Japanese woman as she strutted towards the entrance to the store. Her ass, hips, and legs were perfectly displayed due to her skinny jeans, and he was beginning to feel strong urges towards her. Gulping, he followed her, glad that he was wearing baggier jeans than usual.

When they entered the store, of course, a few people that weren't locals gasped at the sight of seeing two members of a very popular band. One guy was even fanning himself.

Ignoring the fans that were around, 2D and Noodle proceeded to grab a shopping basket, walking around the store.

"So, wha' exactly do we need?" the lead singer asked his band member.

Noodle placed a few of the items in her basket. "Different things. I will grab what we need."

2D chuckled at her statement. She certainly had grown up over time. She was still as adorable as ever, but her mind had definitely aged. But in a good way, in 2D's opinion.

After several minutes, Noodle had everything that they needed for the house. "2D. Is there anything that you want?"

A sly smirk made its way upon 2D's face, without thinking, he said, "Oh, I know somefin' that I want. But only if you'll give it to me."

The young woman glanced up at him, blushing. "Nani?! What do you mean?"

Leaning down, the blue haired singer kissed his band member on the lips, wrapping an arm around her lower back.

Shocked at first, Noodle slowly responded to the kiss. That is, until the snapping of a phone camera interrupted them.

"I'm gonna get so rich off of this photo!" A woman with bleached hair, and the phone, yelled out.

Quickly, Noodle and 2D checked out their items, rushing back to the green jeep. Noodle was still in daze herself over the kiss. But what had compelled her crush to kiss her in public?

She glanced over at 2D, who was silently starting the jeep up. "2D..."

"Hmm?" he responded as he backed the jeep out of the parking lot, driving towards the house.

A blush appeared on her face. "Why did...why did you...ya know..."

"Kiss you?" he finished for her.

The young woman nodded. "Hai, why did you?"

He shrugged as he drove. "Well, you asked me if I wanted somefin', and I did want somefin'." 2D briefly glanced at Noodle. "I wanted you, no, I want you, Noods. I'm tired of hidin' it from ya."

Noodle's eyes widened, a smile making its way on her face. "Me too."

A light blush appeared on the lead singer's face as he parked the car. "Then I got somefin' planned for us tonight."

"Nani? What do you have planned?" the Japanese girl asked as she gathered the sacks of groceries.

2D chuckled lightly, leaning closer towards Noodle, his lips brushing against her ear. "It's a surprise."