2-Innocent Dancing

It had been a few days since the incident between Noodle and 2D, and the young Japanese woman noticed that something odd was going on with 2D. He seemed nervous on a frequent basis, but she couldn't figure out why.

Gorillaz had a concert to prepare for this weekend. Russel was banging away on his drums, and Noodle was currently practicing her back-up vocals for the song "19-2000". Sure, she no longer had her cute ten year old voice anymore, but Noodle was still able to pull off the lyrics amazingly.

"Here you go! Get the cool, get the cool shoeshine. Get the cool, get the cool sh--" A knock to her door interrupted the rehearsal session.

With an irritated sigh, the young woman paused the music, walking over towards the door. When she opened it, she noticed with slight shock that it was 2D. "Oh! 2D..."

"Hey, Noods! I need your help with this," he said, motioning to the loosened tie around his neck.

Snorting in amusement, Noodle adjusting his tie, tightening it in place. "There! Why are you getting dressed up?"

2D shrugged. "Blimey hell if I know. Murdoc tol' me to, but I don't know why. But thank ya Noods!"

The back-up vocalist smiled. "Dōitashimashite! Let me know if you need help with anything else."

Nodding gratefully, 2D turned to walk out of her room. "By the way, you still sound really cute when ya sing that song."

Closing the door behind 2D, Noodle slid down her door, a bright blush coating her cheeks. A large, dorky smile also appeared.

He likes my singing voice!

Giggling to herself, the Japanese girl walked back over towards her music player, switching her CD out with another one, her favorite song that the band has done. Reason being: it was, perhaps, the only song she could officially say that she sung the main vocals in.

Walking over towards her shelves of CDs, she grabbed the one with the music to her song, "DARE". A slight smirk made its way upon her face as she remembered shooting the music video for it. Noodle was around thirteen at the time, and she was excited to show off her developing hips that puberty gifted her.

As soon as the music started to play, the familiar rhythm of her dance number that went along with it returned. Her hips began to sway, and her body jumped around.

"You've got to press it on you! You just think it. That's what you do, baby. Hold it down, dare."

Her dancing became completely natural to her, and she felt as if she had traveled back in time to the shooting of her music video.

"Jump with them all and move it. Jump back and forth. And feel like you were there yourself. Work it out."

She grabbed her small keyboard, the same one that she used during the video thirteen years ago. It surprisingly still worked. Her butt began to unknowingly shake to the rhythm, and her hips swayed with a sharper edge. Her fully-developed body made the dance number not as cute as before, but more sensual. However, Noodle never noticed her maturity. She was still the band's adorable ten year old, in her eyes that is.

After the song, she breathed heavily, not use to the excessive dancing as she once was. Two sets of clapping were heard from the direction of her bedroom door. Turning around, she noticed Murdoc, Russel, and 2D standing just outside her room. The door was somehow open--either by one of them, or she didn't close it all the way.

While Murdoc and Russel were clapping, 2D stood there frozen, his cheeks bleeding red. He seemed to be covering half his body for some reason, but Noodle never questioned anyone or anything.

"That was one rad performance there, Noodle. Ya still got it bloody good," Murdoc praised her.

"'cept yer dancin' ain't innocent anymore, right 2D?" Russel teased the blue headed man, laughing when he noticed the lead singer gulp.

Noodle blushed lightly, crossing her arms in irritation. "Baka! I cannot help my adult look!"

Murdoc chuckled at that, briefly eyeing Noodle. He glanced over at 2D. "Well, ole sap. Time to make sure you're ready for a smashin' time tonight!"

"Do I really haff to, Murdoc? We have a concert ta get ready for!" 2D whined out.

The oldest band member chuckled with his usual deep, raspy tone. "Of bloody course ya do! Ya haven't gone out to smash in years, and I'm gonna change that tonight."

Noodles eyes widened at that statement. Did he mean--?

No...please do not let it be...

2D glared at Murdoc. "I'm fine on my own. I don't need a blind date, Murdoc! I can find a woman on my own, thank you!"

"I thought you had a thing for ole Noodle over there, but I guess I was wrong," Murdoc shrugged, "So, I'm setting ya up until you find a woman of your taste."

2D briefly glanced over at Noodle, who was staring at the ground. His mouth opened to say something, but the words couldn't come out.

The young woman held back the tears that were forming in her eyes.

He did not like me...

Suddenly, rage filled Noodle. "What are you doing in my room, anyways?! Get out of my room!! Get out, get out, get out!!"

She threw all of her pillows at her band mates, noticing the sad look 2D gave her before closing the door.

Running to her bed, she curled up in her cover, crying softly. Why did she still treat her love life similar to that of a high school romance? She was twenty-six, a full grown woman!

If 2D wants a real woman, then I will give him a real woman.