Chapter 30- An Audience

Sunday, January 29th 1:30PM

Seymour Dojo and Fitness Center

Colton entered first and was followed closely by Moe and then the rest of the tennis team . Danica and Sondra brought up the rear as they pulled Hillary in behind them. Moe stumbled to a stop, and the rest almost crashed into him when he spotted Jamie with her hair up and dressed in a flirty little top at the counter. What really surprised him was how Korbin was standing right behind her. It looked like they were getting ready for a date.

Colton ignored the tension, and went around the counter to stand next to Korbin. Moe was confused when he announced, "Good, you are almost done. I'll get the ointment, and then I'll help bandage the area."

Moe exchanged looks with Finn before he walked slowly across the room, wondering what was going on. Korbin shot him an annoyed look, but turned away to refocus use on Jamie's back. Just as they got to the counter, Korbin leaned back and said, "I think I'm done." It was only then that Moe noticed the counter full of first aid equipment and the piles of pebbles, gravel, and bloody gauze to be thrown away.

Moe edged around and spotted Jamie's back. There was blood smeared across her shoulders with darker red blood spots along some deep scrapes. Moe blanched and blurted out, "What happened?"

"I fell," Jamie quickly answered as Korbin wiped some more blood away. Colton gave a small chuckle and reassured, "It looks bad, but Korbin has done a good job. It is ready for the next step."

Moe noticed Jamie's look of fear as Colton brought out a jar of green goop, and she blurted out, "Oh no! Not that kind!"

Moe didn't know what the big deal was, but when Colton said, "This will make it heal faster and there won't be any infection."

She glanced at Korbin before she gritted out, "Fine, I'll use it this time as long as it gets better fast." After bracing her hands on the counter she told Korbin, "I'm ready, but put it on fast."

Korbin gathered a large amount, and quickly smeared it across her back. Moe's eyes watered from the strong smell even across the table.

Jamie squeezed her eyes shut, and her jaw clenched. Moe could hear the air hiss as it was drug in between clenched teeth. Jamie's fingers gripped the counter hard, and her back muscles twitched violently from what Moe assumed was pain. She didn't say anything, and did not move for several long seconds.

After a few more deep breathes Jamie pried her fingers off the counter and blew out a breath.

"The worst part is done," Colton reassured, and after a doubtful look, Korbin went to clean up. Colton quickly put away a couple of items, and dug out a huge bandage that he taped over Jamie's back. As Korbin headed back, Colton slid down to the other end of the counter to repack the first aid kit. Moe watched with amusement as his cousin and Samuel followed Colton to ask questions. His stomach was almost queasy, but Danica and Samuel were fascinated by medicine.

Korbin scowled darkly at the group around Jamie and bluntly asked, "Why are you here?" as he nudged several people to the side to reclaim his spot behind Jamie. No one answered, but Moe couldn't help smiling as Korbin rested his hands protectively on Jamie's shoulders. Finally, Ivan spoke up, "We saw the poster Jamie put up. You already knew about the place since it was right across the street, but we were curious."

As Korbin opened his mouth to ask another question, but Danica blurted out the question they all wanted to know, "What happened in the park?"

Before Jamie or Korbin could answer, Keesha and Ketara popped their heads through the hole around the pole. Moe smiled brightly up at the little imps. His grin widened as Keesha answered Danica's question, "The bullies were going to beat up our friends."