Who Am I Chapter 2

Who Am I

Chapter 2

Rudsel POV

I was hyperventilating. I can't do this. This was the second worst thing I have ever experienced. The first? Well that's another story.

I'm sat in the schools' parking lot, alone, in the car trying not to have a heart attack.

Steffen left as soon as he parked the car. He just left. No 'goodbye' or a 'good luck Rudsel.' Nothing. He hasn't spoken to anyone ever since Anya... died.

I was startled and brought back to the present by someone tapping the window on the passengers' side. I checked to see who it was.

I opened the door then got out the car and came face to face with this very good looking guy. Brown shaggy hair, brown eyes, tall, and sexy.

"It's not about the inside it's about the outside," Anya's voice echoed in my head.

I remembered my reply to her. "Don't you mean it's about the inside and not the outside."

She had thought about that for a while. "No." Then she had looked at me like I was weird. "Why would I say that?"

I had shook my head then.

I shook my head now bring myself back to the present.

"Hey. Hey, are you okay?"

"Huh? What?"

"Are you okay? You just spaced out." He chuckled.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm fine."

"Well are you going to sit in the car all day, or are you eventually going to go inside?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Actually, my plan was to sit in the car all day, and act like I went to school and learned some fun educational things. When really I didn't."

He nodded thoughtfully. "Unfortunately, I'm not going to let you do that." He stated.

"And why is that?" I asked curiously.

"Cause if I have to go in there then you have to also," He said in a serious voice.

I shook my head. "Unfortunately, that's not going to happen."

"Yeah, and why is that?"

"Cause me, as in Rudsel, is going to stay here, as in the parking lot, and not go in there-"

"As in school," he finished for me.

"No, actually I was going to say High School, but that works." I said matter-of-factly.

He nodded with understandingly. "Oh, so you're a Freshman?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"Me too." He smiled widely at me. "I'm Brady by the way. Brandy Clark."

Clark?

"Rudsel. Rudsel Ackerson." I laughed. I felt like James Bond.

Bond. James Bond.

"Well Rudsel, we should get going, we're already late, and it's all your fault." He accused.

"My fault! I told you that I'm not going in there," I said pointing at the building. "I didn't make you late. You made yourself late, mister."

"Has anyone mention to you how stubborn you are?"

Yes. Anya used to tell me it all the time. Never let me forget it, too. But I don't say that.