Who Am I Chapter 1

Who Am I

Chapter 1

Rudsel's POV (Pronounced: Rude Sell)

My brother's gone crazy. Not only him, but all of us have. I'm more mentally stable then all the others. Well I think I am. We've been going through a lot - mix ups, mistakes, devastation, sorrow filled therapy sessions, and many, many tears.

Today is my first day of Freshman year. Anya's been gone for a month. I remember asking her to help me get ready for this day, and of course she said yes. Anya was not only my best friend, she was like a sister to me. She was also my brother's girlfriend.  

They were the cutest couple. They were happy. He loved her and could never shut up about her, but nobody minded because we were happy that he had finally found the one for him.

Anya was very... different. She was very unusual. She looked at life different then others. She thought that we were all part of a story. She said that we each have our own story.

"We all have a story line. We all have a plot, a reason why we are where we are at a particular time. Our lives is all planned out. Like cause and effect. We have a beginning, middle, and end. And then we start all over again. It's a cycle. A story being read." She had said. She continued, "'All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.'" She quoted.

"What?"

She turned toward me and had said, "William Shakespeare,"as if it were obvious.

"You think that we're characters in a story?" She nodded. "You're such a weirdo," I said as I threw a pillow at her. She quickly got up off my bed and ran toward the door.

"I'm Anya and I'm weird! I'm weird! I'm weird!" Anya had sang in a off pitch voice even though she's the best singer in know. Or knew.

"Rudsel. It's time for school." Steffen said in a low voice from the door way. He wasn't smiling like he usually did. I understand why.

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be ready in five minutes."

He just stood there staring at me for a long time before exiting the room.

I sighed. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked normal if you didn't notice the dark circles around my eyes. I was never pretty, more like cute.

"You're not cute." Anya had said once. "You're Rudsel Clark. And Rudsell Clark is smoken hot!" Then she took her finger and touched her tongue, then pocked me in the arm. She made a sizzling sound. "See sizzling hot."

"Yeah right. Look at me. I'm so..."

She attacked me and when we were on the ground she covered my mouth. "Shh don't say it. Or else." She warned in a low voice.

My eyes widened. I screamed into her hand.

She just laughed. "I was just messin' with ya," She said in the greatest imitation of Steffen I've ever heard.

I had giggled. She stood up then helped me up.

We had went back to studying after that, but then I remembered something.

"I'm not Rudsel Clark. I'm Rudsel Ackerson."

She looked up from her work sheet then grinned. "Oh I know. It's just that one day you will be," She sang.

That's one of many things I do not get about Anya. Or one of the many things I didn't understand about Anya. She would say these things as if she knows it's going to happen. And it always did. She's not psychic of anything - I'm sure of that - she just knows.

Like the time she knew Jimmy Saulden was going to pants Kris Thompson in preschool. She also knew that mom and dad were going to buy Stacy a black Chrysler CTS for a graduation present last year.

I've been thinking, and this thought came into my head. I've thought about it thoroughly. Ran through my mind over and over again. I think... I think Anya knew she was going to die.

The day before she'd gone missing she was acting weirder then usual. Anya D'Amato for once in he life was acting normal. She came over wearing plain blue Jeans and a white long sleeved shirt that stopped at her elbows. She had her hair down (which she did rarely). She looked normal. She was wearing normal clothing. The same clothes she was wearing when they found her... body.

Ugh! I can't imagine it. Anya. My best friend dead! I hate that word! I hate my life! I hate whoever did this to her! I hate myself for not doing something about it! I mean I could have saved her! But I didn't, and it's my fault why she died. My fault why she can't live a happy life. My fault why she can't get married and have three dozen kids.

My fault that Steffen is suffering.

I hate Anya most of all for not protecting herself. Anya was strong. Anya was unstoppable. And yet she was defeated. Dead. She went TO the danger instead of staying away from it. I wanted to be like her. I want to be like her. My best friend. My suppose to be future sister-in-law. But now she's gone like the crisp, green leaves on a tree in winter. They wilted. Crumbled. Gone. No more.

But unlike those leaves Anya will forever be remembered. She was loved by all. But that's what I don't get. Who would kill such a girl. She was known by all, loved by all, and will be remembered by all.

The words officer Miles said to us in the police station echoed in my mind.

"It's an unsolved mystery. No tracker. No trace. No clues." He took a sharp intake of oxygen. "Poor Anya was just a lost sole." He had chuckled, but not humorously more like in a disgusted way. As he walked away I heard him mumbling to himself. "What sick mother..." Then I had stopped listening.

Anya couldn't be gone. I could feel it. She was to strong to let a five letter word be used as a title for her. Death. Poor. Dead. Gone. Never to come back again. Anya D'Amato. Anya Poor, dead, gone, never to come back, D'Amato.

Best friend, Sister, Girlfriend, Daughter, and admired.

Anya.

D'Amato.

Dead.  

***************************************************

Hello my peoples. This is the first chapter. Hope you liked it and if you did you should so vote and comment oh and while your at it you might as well become a fan.

Bye!!!!

(*Georgie Oso The Most Awsomest Person You Will Ever Encounter)**