Coast To Coast Chapter 11 (Present Time)

Crawfordsville, Indiana

I woke up with the sound of pounding from the wall behind me.  I rolled over and covered my head with my pillow. Wanting to drown the sound of groans and moans coming from next door.

I can’t believe people are this active all night and then again in the morning.  Warmth rose to my cheeks as I thoughts of was happening merely 10 feet away from me began to invade my brain

Shaking my head to get rid of them, I rolled over but didn’t calculate the size of the bed well enough because I instantly dropped to the floor pulling blanket down with me

 Pain shot though my body as I landed awkwardly on the floor. Every inch of my body waking up as sleep left my body and pain replaced it. I rubbed my head softly as a felt a bump begin to form from where my head and the corner of the night stand made contact. 

I clumsily worked to regain my balance as I stood up, Thinking that with all the noise I made Caden would have woken up I looked over to where he should have been sleeping. The other twin bed was made with no trace that someone had ever slept in it.   Worry swept through me as my brain began to put the pieces together.

“He couldn’t have. Could he?”

I rushed over to the suitcases near the door and instantly my nerves were at bay as I saw Caden’s suitcase next to mine. Glancing over to the nightstand I saw that the car keys were missing.

Where would he have gone?

I stood up and decided to get ready for the day. I pulled my make-up bag from my suitcases and a pair of denim jeans along with a black long sleeve shirt.  After I finished changing I put my converses on and headed to the bathroom to do my make-up.

My people next-door were getting louder and I desperately tried to block-off the sounds. 

Last night after eating dinner at a fast food restaurant we continued to drive until we reached a town called Crawfordsville in Indiana. We decided that we made pretty good progress and decided to take rest in a hotel.

Suddenly I heard the sounds of the front door opening. I rushed out of the bathroom to meet a surprised Caden as I jumped into his arms and hugged him.

“Are you okay” asked Caden as I stepped away from him and helped him carry the food he had in his hands to the bed. He handed me a cup of coffee and sat down.

“No, do you realize what I felt when I woke up and realized that you were gone” I said as I tried to sound mad, but failing miserably. I didn’t realize how worried I was until I saw him wake through the door.

“Sorry, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to go and get us breakfast. I thought I would be back before you woke up” He said as he took a sip of his coffee. It was then that I noticed the bags under his gorgeous hazel green eyes. I instantly felt guilt as a noticed his appearance. Even with sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt he looked like a god. It was definitely unfair how handsome he looked without trying.

“It’s okay just next time take me with you. Do you know that I had to endure the noises from next door again this morning?” I shuttered

I saw a sparkle in his eyes as he looked at me. “Whatever it is you’re thinking  ...No”

“It not illegal I promise” he grinned

“Nope”

“Oh common it revenge for keeping us up all night”

“No” I said stubbornly. I didn’t want to end the trip in handcuffs.

“I’ll tickle you into giving in” he dared as he stood up from the bed and began making his way toward me.

“Stop” I screamed in between laughs. I pinned me against the bed and trapped me. I knew that even if I tried to escape I wouldn’t be able to. He got a scholarship to play football for a reason.

“Help me and I’ll stop” he argued back

“Fine, I give in” I said as I tried to regain my breath. I let me go and his smile widen.  I prayed that whatever it was, it wouldn’t get us into too much trouble.

***********************************************************************

“Okay are you ready” he grinned

I nodded my head and we both began to pound on the wall. We both jump up and down on our beds and began make as such noise as we could. 

We were both were breathing heavy by the end as we tried to keep our breathing back under control.   I was laughing so hard that my eyes were becoming watery.

I turned to the side and looked at Caden. He turned at stared at me before his eyes trailed down to my lips for a second.

Butterflies formed in the pit of my stomach at the possibility of what could happen between us. I knew that I should be feeling this way but being around Caden again make me realized why I fell in love with him.  He cupped my face with his hand as his thumb brushed my lips. I knew what my coming and my heartbeats were increase as the atmosphere became tense.  I closed my eyes and began to lean in.

The sound of a telephone ringing broke the moment the magical moment that we had created.  Caden stood up and answered the phone.  I let my thoughts wonder as to what would have happened if the phone didn’t ring. Would he have kissed me? 

I grabbed the closet pillow and listen to what Caden was saying.

“Right, we’ll try and keep it down” he said as he hung up the phone

“Who was that?”

“The Front desk, apparently someone called to complain about the noise we were making. He asked if we could keep our “activities” from getting too loud.

I laughed as he jumped on the bed next to me. 

The moment may have been broken but I didn’t care. I knew that we would be okay.

*Author’s Note*

I was re-watching the movie Easy A while trying to write this chapter. I guessing most of you can guess which scen inspired me to write this chapter...

Thanks for reading

Comment<Vote>Fan