Coast To Coast Chapter 10 (Before the Roadtrip)

*Before the RoadTrip*

"I'm not moving" I said stubbornly. I crossed my hands over my chest and planted my fit firmly on the ground.

"please just one more store and them I promise to buy you a double scoop of rock road ice cream." she pleaded

"make it a triple and we have a deal" I said

"okay fine whatever let's go inside." said Scarlett as she pulled me inside Sephora.

After spending just about 5 hours shopping with Scarlett I have had enough. My feet were starting to hurt and helping her carry some of her bag was enough torture for anyone. She had called in the morning saying how she got into this big argument with Nate and needed to do some retail shopping to help her get her mind off things for a while.

I stupidly agreed and was now stuck with a Shopaholic. I walked aimlessly around the store not really looking at anything in particular. I wasn't really looking where I was walking so it was no surprise that I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry" I apologized at the person I crashed into.

"No, I'm sorry I should have been paying more attention as to where I was going" Said the girl in front of me. Her blond hair was tied up in in bun. She was wearing minimal makeup and yet looked gorgeous. She looked familiar but I couldn't quite place a name to her face.

"It's okay" I responded after I few seconds. I keep on trying to rack my brain from where I have been her.

"My name's Rose, Do you need any helping finding something? She questioned

I wanted to say yes. I needed help remembering why she looked so familiar but instead I said "No thanks" She walked away and helped another customer in the store.

"Let's go" Said a voice behind me. I turned around to find Scarlett giving me a weird look.

"Right" I snapped out of the faze I was in and let her lead the way the food court.

"Is everything all right" asked Scarlett once again as we sat down at one of the tables. I looked down at my melting ice-cream and shoved a spoonful in my mouth in hopes that I wouldn't have to respond to her. However I felt I ice cold feeling and realized that I had given myself a brain freeze.

"Oww" I said as I messaged my templates in hopes that it would pass soon.

"Brain freeze" I replied to Scarlett when she gave a confused face.

She laughed at me but then became all serious again.

"Em, What happened? You were fine one moment but suddenly once we left Sephora you zoned out to Emma land. Did that girl that came up to say something? She asked.

I instantly felt guilt wash over me. Scarlett was already worried about me. After the break-up with Caden and now this, I felt like such a bad friend for ruining her summer so far. This was going to be an awesome summer and breaking up with Caden shouldn't have changed that. We had been looking toward this summer for so long that it wasn't fair to her. I looked up and meet her concern face. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to apologize when her phone went off.

She hesitantly took it out of her purse and once she saw the person's name on the screen, a scowl formed. She pressed ignore and put the phone on the table. Soon after it began to ring again, I stole a quick glance at the name and realized that it was Nate calling.

"You should answer it" I said

"No, I want to know what going on with my best-friend first" She said stubbornly. I knew that she wasn't going to let this slide so I slumped in my chair as her phone continued to ring.

"Please, I promise to tell you what's bothering me after you talk to him" I pleaded. I didn't want her And Nate to continue fighting.

"fine but your telling me" she said. I nodded my head and she pick up her phone and answered it. I felt uncomfortable listening to them argue and decided that whatever happens I was going to hear later so I stood up and went to the bathroom. I grabbed my half-eaten ice-cream and mouth "bathroom" to Scarlett. She nodded and continued to talk. I walked in and went to the sink to wash my hands. I took my time and while I was in there I heard two girls talking to each other. One was complaining about how she saw her ex-boyfriend hanging out with another girl while the other girl tried to calm her friend down. I looked at them and quickly walked out. It was so awkward watching such an intimate moment between two friends.

Mid-step it clicked why the girl looked so familiar. She was the girl that was at the restaurant with Caden. Even though it happened last week I still couldn't keep the mental image that burn in the back of my mind. She was perfect and even her name sounded pretty. The way she and Caden looked together was an image that kept replaying in my head. They looked so perfect together. I groaned in frustration and walked over to Scarlett.

She looked happy as she played wither phone. I sat down and she quickly looked up at me.

"So I'm guessing that means that you and Nate are back together"

She nodded," now it's your to tell me what happened"

I told her how the girl was the same girl with Caden at the restaurant. So stayed silent the whole time and at the end she stood up and hugged me.

I hugged her back and for the first time I felt the aching pain lessen even if it was just for a moment.

____________________________________________________________________

I wrote this chapter to give a little in-sight on Emma and Scarlett's relationship, Next chapter will have Caden in it. I haven't written it yet but I hope to soon.

Also a quick thanks to all of the loyal reader who continue to read this even though I don't upload daily. Thank you and I hoped this chapter was longer for you guys!

Sorry for the long wait but last month was crazy with finals. Luckily I passed my final's including math. And just last week I got a 100% on a math quiz and beat the smartest kid in my class. Even though it was just by one point it doesn't matter I still beat him! So I allowed myself to take a break and write this chapter.

*Anyways*

Vote>Comment<Fan