Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Dinner time at my fathers house is always extravagant to the say the least. The table is always full of various foods, the room is always full of laughter and excessive talking. I'm always amazed at the many dishes that decorate the long table. Meats, soups, and pastries align the center of the table along with a variety of side dishes. Expensive wine is never left out, it's always a must. I had quickly adjusted and came to accept the fact that my father liked his fancy home dinners.

But tonight the usual fancy dinner is being turned into the equivalence of having dinner with royalty. I watch with a curious gaze as maids run around setting up the finest plates and cups my father owned on the dinning table. The entire first floor is cleaned spotless and each room is decorated to impress.

"Didn't the doctor say to rest your leg if you ever wanted to get that cast off, Bella?"

I don't bother turning around nor stopping my slow tour of the first floor to look at Adriano. I haven't spoken to him since we had our conversation in the hallway the other day. That's mostly because I know that wherever Adriano is, Kathy is not far behind. I wasn't trying to be present in another of their couple disputes either.

"How do you know about that?" I respond.

"Your dad told me."

Of course he did. Was nothing private around here?

"I'm just walking around, not running a marathon." I scoff at his condensing tone of voice. "Anyway, do you by any chance know what the hell is going around here? Is the queen of some foreign country coming over or something."

Adriano steps in front of me causing me to momentarily stop my sluggish walking. "You shouldn't be walking around."

I cock an eyebrow at him.

Something is off with him today. Normally, his demeanor would remain dark and serious, with a smile thrown in every now and then, with an aura of arrogance surrounding his gorgeous body. But at this moment, he has a genuine smile on his face. He seems relaxed, more easy going. His eyes glitter with a wickedness and his attitude is akin to one of a poor man who just found a pot of gold.

It was sexy yet creepy.

"That should not concern you." I poke his chest at the last word.

"Anyone belonging to Santiago's family is a concern for me, especially you." He wastes no time in responding.

I choose to ignore him because honestly what am I suppose to say?

Instead, I side step him and continue my slug like walk. Maids pass me and smile, their eyes quickly look down at the sight of the man behind me.

"Dios, you're hard headed." I hear him say.

I barely take a few steps before I feel myself being lifted into the air. My arms flail in the air before automatically wrapping themselves around Adrianos neck.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I scream.

He flinches at the sound of my scream. "You're going to make my ears bleed if you scream in my ear that way."

"I'm going to make your face bleed if you don't put me down!" I trie to sound as threatening as possible but according to Adriano's face I sound anything BUT threatening.

He chuckles at my whining and refuses to put me down. Embarrassment eats at my face at the looks that the maids shoot our way every time one passes by. I know that they are going to gossip about us and sooner or later my father would hear about this, or worse, Tony, if he wasn't already creeping on us through the cameras.