The Girl Off The Streets

Maddie's pov

Hi! I'm maddie. I've lived on the streets ever since I was 8. I ran away because my parents got divorced and I lived with my dad and he abused me because I reminded him of my mom. it got too bad so I snuck out the window and ran away. I am now eleven though.

I'm walking around trying to find someone to pickpocket. I have a winner. I started walking to them and then. "Umph!" I fell to the ground with a hard smack. someone ran into me! I then heard someone say "sorry" I say "it's ok" he reaches is out to me to help me stand up. He says sorry to me again and I look up and see his beautiful brown eyes stare into me. He then asks me" where are your parents" " um..... they are at my house." "I know your lying." "no I'm not" I fight back. "then I'll walk you back" he says. "okay" I say. I start running but I get pulled back. "do you have parents or not he" yells at me. " No" I say finally giving in. "what happened to them?" he asks. "I don't know" I say starting to cry. " Come with me then" he starts tugging me towards someplace I never known.

"Where are we going!" I yelled. "back to my house" he said. "I don't even know you!" I screamed. "listen I'm trying to help you, give you a home for a little or forever" he said softly. "I don't need a home!" I said now trying to calm my self down. I don't even trust this guy that I just met. he let my wrist go and I took the chance and ran. I kept running and turning corners in till I was out of breath.

The next day I found a wallet just in someone's pocket so I took it and normally walked in till I could not see the man then started running. I walked into jesse's diner and get chocolate chip pancakes. I left the money then walked outside. I started looking for someone else to pickpocket. I slowly walk past the teenager maybe a young adult and grabbed his wallet. "hey" the guy yelled. I got caught. I turned around and said "yes." "did you take my wallet?" it's that guy I talked to yesterday. "your the one I was trying to help." "no" I said trying not to act scared. "yes and you pickpocket, you little freak!" "fine" I handed him back his wallet and started running. I stop thinking that he was gone but he was stool there. he caught me. "let me help you please" he begged. "fine but I don't promise I'll stay" I finally give in.