Chapter IV

“AND I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!!!”

Chanyeol knew immediately who it was.

Xi Luhan, the guy who overcame his fear of heights, the guy who swung around on a pole during their recent concert. 

“Oh my gosh just shut up Luhan. Your singing is too horrible and its giving me a bigger headache!” Lay groaned and sat up. “What happened?” he uttered, sitting up and rubbing his eyes to get the sleep out of them. 

“You...don’t remember anything?” Suho’s voice barely came out as a whisper.

“Uh, no, and who are these ladies? Are they some sasaeng fans?” Lay questioned

All 13 jaws dropped.

“You...don’t remember them?” Kris asked tentatively. 

“Nope. Mind explaining? How did I land up in this...this place?” Lay was incredulous. He tried reaching into the depths of his memories, but only recalled what happened the previous days.

“Hey, I need to check out soon, the concert’s in the next few days.” Lay whined, swinging his legs out of the bed to put on the bedroom slippers that the hospital provided.

Forcing Lay to lie back down, Xiumin uttered, “The concert is already over, you amnesiac unicorn.”

“I swear if you don’t stop bluffing me with that baozi filled head of yours, I will make sure that all baozis in the world will be banished from the human era.” Lay growled.

“Go ahead, I like baozi flavored pancakes more now.”

The whole room burst into chivalrous laughter. 

They then quietened back down when the nurse popped her head in and shot them a pissed off look. 

“Okay...so where were we?” Lay questioned, a weird look plastered on his face.

“If you all don’t mind, can I talk to Lay for a moment?” Mirae spoke, glancing at the others. 

But you swore, she gave you a dirty, spiteful look when you went out of the room with the others.

-- 

Mirae was all alone in the hospital room with Lay. She knew that you knew how much she liked Sehun, but yet, just now, you were chatting an d laughing away with the fair-skinned maknae. 

Of course, she was at the side, giving you jealous glances, but you did not seem to notice it. 

She hated you, but just pretended to be your friend, because of your social status. She finds protection in your personal group gang. She needs it. 

“Uh, Mirae? Earth to Mirae?”

“Huh oh yes?”

“What did you want to tell me?”

Mirae braced herself. It was her one and only chance to bring you down. She can take over you, she can finally have what she wanted all along - power and fame. Popularity. 

-- 

Outside, a storm was brewing. 

The door to the hospital burst open and the woman, scantily clad and face caked with foundations and the all those make up paraphernalia. You held back a gasp. 

No, no. This is NOT absolutely happening. 

“Choi Yoora, you need to go back home right NOW!” the mad woman yelled, spit flying.

You could feel the intense questioning stares that were shot to you.

“No, I’m never going back to that hell hole again. I left three years ago, and I kept my promise, I never went back. And I will never ever listen to you ever again!” you screamed back, trying to keep your emotions on track. 

“Huh, so trying to act all tough with me now right? You can’t fool me with your good girl act,” the seething woman spat right in your face.

“What are you talking about?” the inquisitive maknae asked.

“Tch, you should never ask me this question, look at all your friends, how quiet they are.” the crazy woman laughed hysterically, looking at the remaining 11 who stood rooted to the ground, their mouths as if taped up.

“Don’t you dare talk to my friend like that!” you bursted out in anger. You had no idea where your hidden courage had came from. 

“Oh and now its Miss Brave speaking up for a wimpy boy huh?” she smirked evilly. 

-- 

Back in the hospital room, Mirae and Lay were listening intently at the drama that was unfolding outside. 

They could here shouting from an unknown woman, and rebutting from a very familiar voice. And then the lisp filled voice of Sehun echoed through the hospital corridor.

Curiosity got the better of the two and they stuck their heads out of the door. Only to see the mad woman grabbing you by your hair. 

-- 

Out of the blue, the woman grabbed your hair, and you cried out in pain.

“Yah yah yah!!! Who are you and what are you talking about?!” Suho screamed, struggling to pry the woman’s fingers off your hair.

Despite her small frame, her strength sure can be compared to a national weight lifter. She simply brushed aside his hands, while grappling my forearm in a bone crushing grip.

Kyungsoo felt his heart wrench a little. It reminded him of what happened a decade ago...

*Flashback*

“Ya! You stupid boy, you dare to leave without my permission?” his father, a psycho, slurred, backhanded him. Kyungsoo’s back crashed against the wall.

“You bitch! Come here this instance!” his father roared.. A timid girl stuttered to him. Grabbing her by the forearm, he forcefully dragged her out of the house.

“Appa! No!! Don’t take her away.” Kyungsoo screamed, his voice getting hoarse.

Much to his dismay, his father payed no heed, instead, forcing his sister out of the house. 

After that day, Kyungsoo never saw them again.

*Flashback ends*

Protectiveness washed over his body. You looked a lot like his sister. A hidden courage within hime leapt out. 

“Who are you! Get your hands off her right now!”

Smugly, the lady folded her arms, placing them carefully over her chest.

“My name is Choi Minra, Yoora’s step sister. Nice to meet you, Do Kyungsoo. We meet, again.”