Chapter I

"Ya! Yoo Ra, come one, we will be late for the concert!" my best friend, Mi Rae, nagged at me. I really, really didn't like EXO. They were just a bunch of teenagers who got together to sing and boom, they were accepted in SMEnt. So what if they got the voice and looks? If they always depend on makeup to please the world, then, I'm sorry, they are not of my interest.

Puh-lease, they went under plastic surgery, for goodness sake, which makes them pretty much fakers. And for one thing, I hate fakers. I prefer those that go all natural.

"Ya! You were the one who decided to drag me to this concert! You begged me to go with you!" I retorted.

"Aish whatever, just get a move, I don't want to be late!" she gave up arguing with me.

Groaning, I packed my wallet, phone and a packet of tissue into my small sling-over bag. Slipping into a comfortable pair of pumps, I followed Mi Rae to the lift.

Climbing into her car, she turned on the engine and drove to the concert venue, 24km away from where we stay. 

--

EXO were in the dressing room backstage, getting ready for their performance. Oh Sehun, was a bundle of nerves. No wonder, the youngest in EXO, standing at 19 years old, was nervous. 19 year old Kai, was different, exuding confidence, he was sitting on the couch, scrolling through his Twitter. 

22 year old Suho, gathered 20 year old Tao in his arms, comforting the boy who was not able to keep still.

21 year old Baekhyun was getting his eyeliner thickened by the makeup noona. 22 years old Kris, 23 years old Xiumin and 23 years old Luhan, were huddled in one corner of the dressing room, waiting for 22 year old Lay to come out of the toilet. 20 year old D.O and 21 year old Chen were warming up their vocals, drinking lukewarm water every now and then to soothe their throat. 20 years old Chanyeol was peeking out at the crowd, bewildered at the amount of fangirls.

--

Outside, fans had started to gather, many of them were wearing shirts with the name of their bias, some were screaming. Apart from the crowd, security were trying to maintain order, trying to stop the die-hard fans from clambering up the stage. In the midst of the crowd, there was a girl wearing a purple tank top with tribal pants. Her headphones were on and she was nodding her head to the beat. Her friend was screaming, but she seemed to care less. Overall, she could only be described as - bored.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and the music of “Growl” came out over the loudspeakers. The screaming was intensified. 

“Yo~okay.” Tao started his rap line, showing off his forever lasting swagger. 

--

I heard the beat of the song coming over the loudspeakers. 

“Yo~okay.” a guy with eyebags started the song.

Fascinated, I took off my headphones and listened to the melody of a guy with very, very thick eyeliner.

“Nunapi da kkamkamhae,” he went duet with a really handsome guy. The really handsome guy had a careless grin plastered on his face. He winked at the crowd, causing the screaming to be even more amplified. 

I covered my ears and slumped back down onto the chair.

“Haven’t they noticed that EXO had earplugs on?” I muttered to myself.

--

It was break time for the EXO boys. They were back in the dressing room backstage, getting their makeup, hair and clothes retouched. 

“Yah, hyung, did you realize that amongst the crowd, there was this girl who seemed really uninterested?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah, I also saw her. She had her earphones on most of the time. She seemed really, really bored.” Chanyeol stated drily.