Conflicted

Aniley

My eyes were the only thing moving as I stared blankly at the ceiling. This wasn't my ceiling, this wasn't my room. I knew that it was someone else's room. I knew it was his room.

James.

My kidnapper. This possessive, overbearing, and demanding man brought me back to the same room I had once tried to escape from. Well, had escaped from. And now I was back, trapped, again.

My mind could not, would not, try to cope what had happened in these past 48 hours. It's only been 2 days and I've been chased by a beast, gotten kidnapped, escaped, only to be caught again.

And I did that, with James. A complete stranger.

A completely hot stranger. I shook my head at my dirty thoughts and began to blank out.

I didn't know how to react to it, to any of it. I just couldn't understand, I couldn't comprehend anything.

What had come over me in that moment? It was like there was this pull, some type of force, that wouldn't allow me to resist him. No matter how much my better judgement protested against it. I turned into pure goo and mush, making me completely vulnerable and weak against his touch. And he knew that. He knew that and took the advantage of my weakness. He was the reason why I felt this way, why I felt so frustrated and confused.

What else was he capable of?

Maybe he had some magical powers that allured women to him like a moth to a flame. He the definition of a walking chick magnet. He must have used those powers on me. He had too. There was no natural explanation as to why I would feel so strongly towards this man I had met only yesterday. Just yesterday we had met and I had already gone so far with him.

Thinking about it was agitating and that agitation turned into anger as the seconds ticked by. But I was not really angry with him, but more at myself.

He did take advantage of me in my weak state, but the worst part was...was that I enjoyed it. I let it happen.

I let his hands roam my body in places where no one else has ever touched, let alone seen before. I enjoyed the way he kissed me hungrily. I enjoyed how everyone of his touches were rough yet gentle, which made it harder for me to resist.

And I enjoyed it when he...

did that.

It's a good thing Bella let me keep her clothes because they were torn to shreds now. Thinking back I should have accepted Bella's offer to take me home.

However, it's not just my fault. If Jonathan hadn't told me to ride with Bella after I had already told her that I would ride with him, then I wouldn't be in this mess.

Well maybe it isn't exactly his fault. I could have asked to ride with her but wouldn't have been rude to ask right after I had just declined her offer? She had already helped me enough, so I figured that I could have just walked home by myself.

And what a great idea, look where that got me.

Now, I'm stuck with a half man, half monster. In his room, in his bed, in what I assume to be his shirt, and I'm in his embrace as he sleeps soundlessly.

I carefully turned my head to the side and see that his face is sleeping peacefully. He looks so innocent while he sleeps, his features aren't pulled up in a smirk or down in a scowl. He seems...softer?

The more I stared at him, the more I felt my frustrations fading, disappearing into oblivion. Desperately, I tried to hold onto that feeling that I knew would give me fuel, the willpower, to stay away. But it was quickly slipping through my subconscious like sand slipping through my fingers. However, I wanted to be agitated, and I wanted to be mad. I wanted to hate him.

But I just...couldn't. It almost hurt the more I tried.

The strongest feeling I could muster was annoyance. Mostly because his arm was draped around my stomach, making it hard to breath. I tried to shove it off my body but then it wrapped itself around my middle, like it had a mind of its own. I tried to wiggle out of the snake-like grip it had around my torso, but the muscled limb backfired and pulled me closer to his chest. My nose was touching the fabric of his shirt that carried his scent of rain and musk. It was calming and surprisingly, I was able to breathe more easily with each breath.

But I still wanted to get out of his hold. His body was already emitting a much more than comfortable amount of heat. And with the blankets to keep in all the warmth that easily radiated off of his body, I felt like a turkey getting baked for Thanksgiving.

I knew that wiggling wouldn't do much, so I tried to wake him up.

"James?" I whispered.

"..."

"James?" I said in a louder whisper.

"........"

"James."

"................"

"James!" I yelled.

"..........................", followed by a light snore.

With him having supernatural abilities, I thought he'd easily wake up. Taking a deep breath, I screamed.

His eyes popped open and he abruptly took his arm off of my body while he tried to sit up. Then he fell off of the bed when one of his hands slipped of the side, carrying the rest of him down to the floor. And finally he landed with an "oomph!"

The fall was like something you'd see in a sitcom. A small "pfft" left my lips.

Suddenly I felt a shift on the bed as his body towered over mine. Soon we were looking into each other's eyes and I felt the amusement fade away, being replaced with a feeling akin to nervous anticipation as he stared at me.

He opened his mouth as if he was about to speak but then quickly shut it as his eyes turned dark. And he seemed to be staring, not quite to me, but more like at me, like when you space out in class and you just happened to be looking in a persons direction, but your mind was somewhere else.

Then he abruptly removed himself off of me and walked to the door without saying a word. When his hand grasped the doorknob, he turned around and looked at me. Then he smiled sweetly at me, a heartwarming smile that made my insides flip and made my heart beat a little faster.

And with that, he was out of the door.

Yeah, yeah. Short chapter, I know. But hey, I've been busy...watching Family Guy. Stewie and Brian are just so cute as a team!!! And Peter is just hilarious!!!! And hey! Read my friend's romance story The Melancholy of Fate, which is by miss palette_13 herself!!
Next chapter will be from James POV by the way ;)