Welcome to Hell!

Aniley

I walked nervously up the front stairs, each step I took forward was a step closer to my demise.

High school.

I could feel everyone's stare on me as I walked down the hallway, keeping a fast pace. But that didn't prevent me from hearing their whispers.

"Is that the new girl?"

"She's so small! I heard she was supposed to be a senior?"

I am a senior... And being 5'0 is not that small ugh!

"She's hot for a shortie."

"I'd have her begging for me in no time."

Ew.

I walked faster down the hallway in a desperate flee to find my locker so I can stuff myself inside and stay there for the rest of the trimester. Yes, I hated being the new girl. I wasn't used to this type of attention, in my old school people rarely acknowledged my existence.

And I was fine with that. It's not like I was bullied or picked on, just invisible. Unnoticed. And I wish it could've stayed that way, but my brother had other plans...

~ ~ ~

"I refuse to transfer Jonathan! I like my life at school!" I said,  jumping out of my seat.

I couldn't believe he had already transferred me to a new school without giving me so much as a, 'Hey Aniley, just wanted to tell you beforehand that I'm gonna completely ruin your life and take you out of your comfort zone so you can be in a new place surrounded by strangers!'

A warning like that would have prepared me better than what I was listening to at that moment.

I began to stomp towards my bedroom, but my brother grabbed my elbow and turned me around, keeping me in my place.

"Look, I'm sorry that you're unhappy but this is for the best." The look on his face was begging for me to understand but I couldn't. And his generic 'it's for your own good' speech wasn't cooling the boiling anger that was slowly rising inside of me.

"You're really going with that crap!? The 'I'm doing this for your own good' speech?!" God I was so frustrated.

"I have a life in that place, and your going to take that away from me?!" 

His pleading face soon morphed into a frown, an angry frown.

"Life? What life!? You think going to school everyday just to attend class, eat lunch, attend class, and come home to do homework, is a life!?" At this I flinched but he didn't seem to notice as he let each word pop out like a bullet.

"When was the last time you even talked to anyone besides me, or the teachers at your school?"

I couldn't answer him.

"When was the last time you took your head out of a book to go watch a movie or to go anywhere for that matter?!"

Again, I couldn't answer him. He was right.

His grip had  increasingly tightened on my elbow, and I winced at the pain. This time he noticed, his face and his hold on my arm softening.

"Look-" he said, voice now calm and reasonable,"-my point is, you haven't been the same since Mom and Dad passed away. It's been hard for both of us, but we have to adjust. They would want us to. They'd want you to."