His Side of the Story

James

I couldn't believe she left me. I was still standing on the road from where she drove away hours before. I told my pack members to leave me since I didn't want them to see their beta in a weak state. One of them must have shifted before they got back to the house because I heard a howl in the woods, as if to let me know that they felt my pain. As the howl echoed through the forest, I stood there, staring into the distance, remembering how her big brown eyes held my gaze.

She was confused and scared, I could feel that. But I knew she felt what we have. I knew she felt the bond. I just couldn't understand why she chose so damn hard to fight it.

"She's a human dumbass" Chris said through our link.

"Not in the mood" I replied with a growl.

I started to walk back to the house when he talked again.

"You shouldn't speak to your alpha that way"

I laughed out loud at his tone. He sounded like a father scolding his disobiedient child.

"Whatever alpha," I linked back sarcastically.

"Asswipe," I spoke aloud.

"I heard that," irritation dripping from his tone.

And again, I laughed out loud.

Once I reached the house, I didn't speak to anyone when I headed up stairs. And I was thankful that they didn't bother to ask any questions either.

The moment I entered my room, I was surrounded in her addictive scent of fresh cherry blossoms and snow. The aroma fit her perfectly. I assumed the blossoms represented her beautiful and feminine nature, as the snow represented her purity and innocence.

Walking to the bed, I pulled the covers toward me and deeply inhaled, trying to calm my wolf. He kept sending electric shocks through my veins, begging me to track her down and keep her safe in our arms.

My whole body was buzzing, and I had to breath in her scent about ten times before my body slowly started to come off of my wolf's edge.

And as much as I wanted to go and kidnap her again, I knew that I had to wait until I'd see her again in school. If I saw her now, I know that she wouldn't hesitate to run again. So my wolf and I had to wait until she wouldn't have a chance at an escape.

"Yeah, cause that wouldn't scare her at all," an annoying voice echoed in my head.

"Chris, I'm still not in the mood right now," I growled back once again.

I heard him chuckle through our link. "Okay, okay I get it. I'll talk to you tomorrow,"

And with that, I felt our link cut off as I was now left alone with my thoughts of her.

I thought about the way her plump rosy lips parted when she slept. I thought about the way she looked up at me with her amazing big brown eyes. I thought about the way her lips felt against my own. And I really thought about her small perfect body and how soft she felt when she was pressed up against me.

My body started to slowly heat up as my mind was invaded with dirty thoughts of her naked form shuddering under my touch.

In an attempt to cool my rising temperature, I let go of the blankets and headed toward the bathroom.

I turned the cold water on and didn't bother to take off my clothes as I stepped inside. Even though the cold water soaked through my clothes, icy and unforgiving as it was, it didn't help my heated body one bit. And my mind was hell bent on keeping my thoughts revolved around my mate whimpering in pleasure with eyes glazed over in lust.

And the fact that my wolf started to buzz my nerves up more, letting me know that he wanted to claim her, was not helping. If I didn't get a grip on my hormones, my mate would be in some serious trouble.

The only thing I could do to come down my body made me and my wolf sick, but I knew it would keep her safe. And it would keep me from going crazy.

I turned the knob and stepped out of the shower. Walking into my room with clothes still soaked, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and dialed a number.

The phone rang about three times before a whiny voice picked up on the other end.

"Yes James?" Violet's voice replied like sticky honey on the other line.

I physically cringed at how her voice sounded compared to my mates voice, soft and delicate like a flower. Violet's voice was enough to turn me off, meaning that I didn't need to give her a booty call anymore. And for that I was very grateful.

"James?"

"Huh? Oh, never mind. I made a mistake calling," I replied in a dead panned tone. I did not want to hear her voice more than necessary.

"Are you sure you didn't? Or are you just pla-"

"No I wasn't Violet. That I can promise," I said in a hard tone, not allowing her to complete her moronic sentence. I hung up the phone before she could reply.

Noticing that I was still in soaked clothes, I went back into the bathroom and took of my clothes and dropped them in the sink. After that, I climbed into my bed not bothering to put on something new. I pulled the covers over me and inhaled her scent once again, the smell of cherry blossoms and snow gradually pulled me into a deep sleep.

I know, I know. This chapter is short. But, we did get to see from his side of the story didn't we? And yes, James is a beta. I did not want him to be the alpha like hundreds of books here on wattpad. Not that there's anything wrong with that! But I just didn't want it for my book. Anyways, keep reading to find out more in Tainting Her Innocence.