Chapter Fifteen: She Could Actually Pass For A Human

[Angela Redwood]-

  It has been said that the human eye tend to deceive. What we perceive to be a moving image may in fact be a still picture, but our eyes persist in tell us otherwise.

  Our ears are no better. Sometimes we'll hear a ringing when the reality is silence. Other times there will be a voice in our hear, conversing with us as if it were human.

  Our bodies were built to deceive, it seems. They give us hallucinations to throw us off the train of reality. But sometimes, it's us who's to blame; when we see something horrifying and smeared with death, we want to believe it's only a dream, that what we see before us isn't really there. Some things, though, no matter how much you may wish you could unsee, will never leave your mind and memory.

  Sometimes, what we desperately want to be our eyes merely playing games on us can be reality sending you straight to Hell and back.

~

  "Another body, really?! Is she from your school, too?" a deep voice scolds.

  "Yes, but Sheldon--" an angelic voice rings through my ears, sounding panicked yet all at the same time carefree, yet a bit demonic as well.

  "What, did she call you a demon, too?!" the voice, who I presume to be Sheldon, remarks back, sounding as if sarcastic yet still it's clear to me he's greatly disappointed.

  "Sheldon--" the female tries to get in more words but can't get out anything more than the mans' name.

  "I asked one thing from you and what do you do not even a full twenty four hours later? You go and bring home another dead girl!" he's almost shouting at this point, still sounding sarcastic all the while.

  "Sheldon--" she's almost whining now, both annoyed and desperate.

  "This one doesn't even look like a bitch! In fact, she looks like one of those pure and innocent children I see running through the trees sometimes!" he goes on, only like he keeps talking just to annoy her further.

  "Sheldon--!" she tries again, almost yell at him now. Still, her voice rings with the same desperation that it had before to get another word in edgewise.

  "Is that why you killed her? Because she's everything you aren't? Ya know, kind, generous, considerate, oh and not a complete psychotic killer?!" now he's just plain out insulting her.

  "Sheldon--!!" she sounds like a record player almost, repeating the same word every time she gets even the slightest chance to speak.

  "You know, I honestly though you were better than that, Renee."

  "I found her in the World of the Dead, Sheldon!" she shouts, her patience finally ran dry.

  It's silent for a moment, his voice surprised when he speaks again. "You what?!"

  "I don't know what she was doing there. Hell, I don't even know how she got there, but when I came, I just found her there, talking to herself and covered in blood!" she sounds panicked, her voice clear with uncertainty, even a bit fearful.

  "Well are you sure she's human?" he questions, his tone worried.

  "Yes! I don't feel anything horribly supernatural about her." she's quick to answer, her voice sounding even more complexed every second.

  "Anything even slightly off?"

  "Aside from her being slightly insane, no."

  "Slightly insane?"

  "She's hearing voice in her head, nothing terribly problematic."

  "Wait, how did you even know she was there?!"