25 ⊳ INTERVIEW

SCINTILLA
xxv. interview
❝HE'S AMAZING.❞

----------

----------

AN IN-DEPTH CONVERSATION WITH THE TV'S APOCALYPTIC GODDESS, ATHENA LEIGH ANDERS

----------

Being a part on one of the most popular television shows, you probably know her as Alexis Greene or "The Apocalyptic Goddess" from AMC'S 'The Walking Dead'. However, there is a lot more to Athena Leigh Anders than that. So, with that being said, please welcome the one and only, Athena Anders!

Hey! Thanks for having me here!

Thank you for being here! It's a pleasure to even be sat in the same room as "The Apocalyptic Goddess"! Now, we met before a while ago at a radio festival, right?

[Jumps up] Oh my gosh! We did!

And if I remember correctly, we met backstage and bonded over these dogs.

[Laughs] They were just so cute and their faces were, like, heaven! It was really hard being in that room and not attempting to smuggle one of those dogs. I didn't leave for like two hours!

[Chuckles] I had to resist the temptation too.

Who wouldn't?! Dogs are just so adorable and cute and urghhh-!

Now, first of all, congratulations on everything!

Thank you!

Your acting career, your possible music career and now your rumored love interest. Want to speak more about that? I know that a lot of people, including me, are really confused about yours and Steven Yeun's relationship right now.

[Nervously laughs] Well...

Oh! Oh! Please do elaborate!

[Laughs and shakes her head] Steven and I are very close friends, that's all.

What's up with all the hand holding posts then and calling each other babe? Most of your co-workers like Norman Reedus, Abigail Porter and Spencer Hills are all suspecting that something's going on. Heck, Stathena has been in the trending tags on twitter these past few days!

Well, Steven and I had a small argument a few days ago, but when we managed to solve it, we learnt to care for each other a lot more, and... I don't really know, man. I guess it just strengthened our friendship a heck of a lot more, to the point where we're comfortable with doing those sorts of things with each other. It's normal for us, and as long as we're both happy then that's all that we care about.

So, just to be sure, you're just close friends?

[Nods] Yep!

But, are there any potential relationships happening in your life right now?

[Smiling] Possibly.

Oh! I was not expecting that answer! Please, please, speak more!

I don't know whether I could call it a relationship, but it is something. There are no labels on it, really, and we're just doing what we want. It's fun and we both like it. We're both happy, and that's all I care about. He is truly an amazing guy. We've known each other for a while now and he's so sweet and caring. We've been through everything these past seven years and we're always at each other's houses and having banter with each other. Even though I've made him watch them one hundred times, he still agrees to watch Disney films with me. Even though I'm a complete idiot sometimes and I'm violent and yell a lot, he still sticks by me and tells me that I'm amazing. He... He's amazing.

I'm glad that you have somebody who cares for you and loves you. He seems like a truly amazing person and I hope you two have a bright future together. Maybe we'll find out who this mystery man is soon.

Maybe...

Moving on from that then, how's life treating you on The Walking Dead?

Honestly, it's amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better job or a better cast to work with. Everyone and everything are so great. Without The Walking Dead, I probably wouldn't have met the people who I am really close to now. Heck, I wouldn't have met Steven, Abigail, Spencer, Norman, Andrew [Lincoln], Lauren, Christian [Serratos], Alanna [Masterson], Sonequa [Martin-Green], etc. I was really lucky to be involved with something like The Walking Dead and to meet such amazing people. I love each and every single one of them to pieces.

And how is life treating Alexis in the upcoming season seven?

[Nervously chuckles] I'm not really allowed to say much – nobody is. All I can say is that if she survives, then Alexis will become a much stronger individual within the group. She will do whatever it takes to keep those who she loves alive. However, if she is the one to get hit by Lucille, then she would want those remaining to get stronger and kill Negan, instead of grieving and crying over her.

What about Glexis?

Like I said before, I can't say much about anything really. However, if one of them dies then the other will remain strong and get revenge for the other. If both of them live, well, they'll continue doing what they always do – surviving and fighting together. But, as Glenn and Alexis say, 'It's going to be alright, it always is.'

Now, what's going on with this potential music career that I hear you could be having?

[Chuckles and leans back in her seat] Nothing is official, just yet. However, I have been thinking about releasing a few songs.

What's stopping you?

Nothing is stopping me. You just have to consider these things a lot before you jump straight into them. It helps with the huge amount of support I've been getting from friends and family, but I'm just not sure yet.

Well, I'm glad that you have so many supportive people by your side.

Thank you, so am I.

It's been a pleasure chatting with you, Athena.

You too. It seemed like I was talking to an old friend rather than an interviewer!

You can catch Athena Leigh Anders portraying her character Alexis Greene on AMC'S The Walking Dead from October 23rd, Sundays 9/8c.