16 ⊳ GROUP CHAT & VOICEMAILS

SCINTILLA
xvi. group chat & voicemails
❝I LOVE YOU.❞

'THAT BIKE DUDE [NORMAN REEDUS], THAT COUNTRY GIRL [LAUREN COHAN], THAT GUY WITH A FLIP PHONE [ANDREW LINCOLN], THAT BLONDE GIRL [ABIGAIL PORTER], THAT HILL DUDE [SPENCER HILLS], STEVEN [STEVEN YEUN]'

STEVEN
i have a problem

THAT BLONDE GIRL
your dick is too small?

STEVEN
i'm being serious.

THAT COUNTRY GIRL
you still didn't deny it.

THAT HILL DUDE
Maybe we should actually listen to him.

STEVEN
thank you, spencer.

THAT GUY WITH A FLIP PHONE
W hat' s u p Ste ve n?

THAT BLONDE GIRL
yOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNT HOW TO USE THE SPACE BUTTON PROPERLY?!

THAT BIKE DUDE
does it look like he's learnt how to use it?
i tried to teach him but he's dumb

THAT GUY WITH A FLIP PHONE
Sti ll her e No rma n

THAT BIKE DUDE
anyways, why are we messaging each other when we're literally on the same set.

THAT HILL DUDE
Because we're all in our trailers and too lazy to move.
The only person who is needed on set right now is Athena because she's filming that scene with Christian.
She should be done soon, actually.

THAT BIKE DUDE
oh yeah.
anyways, what's up steve?

STEVEN
you have to promise that you won't say anything until i've finished.

THAT HILL DUDE
I promise

THAT BLONDE GIRL
i can't promise something i know i won't keep

STEVEN
🙄

THAT BIKE DUDE
i'll try, but i can't promise it.

THAT COUNTRY GIRL
i promise

THAT GUY WITH A FLIP PHONE
Sam e

STEVEN
okay, so about two hours ago, i was in athena's trailer and we were talking.

THAT BLONDE GIRL
is this going where i think it's going?

STEVEN
i thought i said not to say anything

THAT BLONDE GIRL
i thought i said that i wouldn't be able to follow that.

STEVEN
anyways, we kissed, and then she just awkwardly ran off saying that she had to go to film, but this was half an hour before she had to go.

THAT BLONDE GIRL
yOu kIsSeD?!
OH MY GOD
MY SHIP
AHHSUEKWN
OH MY
I CANT

THAT HILL DUDE
Maybe she just wanted to go to film earlier?

THAT GUY WITH A FLIP PHONE
Ye a h

THAT BIKE DUDE
athena? film earlier? that's the greatest joke i've ever heard.
we all know that athena always leaves her trailer a minute before she has to film.

THAT COUNTRY GIRL
she was probably scared and worried about what it would do to your friendship.
honestly, i doubt that it's anything to worry about.

THAT BLONDE GIRL
all of athena's past boyfriends have been terrible. you know that better than most people, steven. she's probably just scared that if you two got into a relationship, then it would end like the rest of them.
of course, you'd be better than all of her boyfriends put together.
especially that one dickhead, travis.

THAT BIKE DUDE
ugh i hated him
i was ready to run him over with my bike

THAT HILL DUDE
Everyone was.

THAT COUNTRY GIRL
didn't he get released from prison like last year?

STEVEN
yeah, but athena got a restraining order so he can't come anywhere near her.
also, her security has increased a lot since then because of that incident.

THAT BLONDE GIRL
true
anyways, i think you should try and speak to her - text her and send her a few voicemails if you have to.
i've just seen her walking past my trailer so you can easily message her.
y'all would be cute together tho,
like, i ship it hardcore.

STEVEN
okay.
thank you guys.

----------

'BABE'
ATHENA ANDERS

STEVEN
athena, can we talk?
[READ - 15:23]

STEVEN
i know that you're reading my messages.
[READ - 15:23]

STEVEN
please, athena, we need to talk.
[READ - 15:24]

STEVEN
you can't ignore your problems forever.
[READ - 15:24]

STEVEN
you can't ignore me forever.
[READ - 15:24]

STEVEN
you're going to have to talk to me eventually.
[READ - 15:25]

STEVEN
please, athena
[DELIVERED - 15:26]

----------

15:31PM
TO BABE, FROM STEVEN.

"Uh, hey... this is Steven, but you obviously already know that since you have my number saved to my contacts. Athena, please pick up the phone, or at least respond to my texts. I understand if you don't want to be in a relationship just yet and I'm not going to force you into anything, I promise. Hell, I don't even know if I'm ready for a relationship yet. But, you can't ignore your problems, or me, forever. We are going to have to shoot together soon - that's inevitable. Everyone has been pushing me for months, maybe even years, to say something to you about how I think you're, uh, amazing and beautiful. I think you're a great actress. I think you're hilarious. I think that I'm really lucky to have been able to meet you. I think that I'm extremely lucky to be friends with you. I think that I'm extremely lucky to be your on-screen lover. A-And I think I'm in love with you, Athena. No, I don't think. I know that I'm in love with you, Athena Leigh Anders. Just... Just, um, call me or text me when you get this."