Imagine- What is that rune? Part 1 (Alec)

*Warning-includes mentions death*

Clary's POV
I watched as Alec came into the Institute, the same time, everyday. He always looks so sad when he comes back in. I was curious.

Jace walked up to me, and informed me that we were going on a mission in 20, so I needed to go get my weapons from Alec.

I walked into the weapons room, and saw Alec already collecting weapons. He reached up on the top shelf, and I saw a faded rune on his arm. He noticed that I was in the room, and handed me my weapon.
"Hey Alec, what is that rune?" I asked.
"This one, that is strength." He said, slightly annoyed.
"No, not that one, this one." I said, and pulled up his sleeve and pointed out the faded rune. He looked up, and took a breath, like he was fighting back tears. Then, he snatched his arm away from my grip, and walked out of the room.

Then, I remembered that Izzy had a faded parabatai rune on her waist. I decided to ask her about that one, so I went to her room, where she was finishing up getting ready.
"Hey Izzy!" I said.
"Hi Clary." She said back.
"I have a question." I said.
"Shoot." She smiled.
"What is that rune on your waist?" I asked and her smile instantly dropped.
"Uh, Alec should tell you." She said.
"But, he doesn't want to." I said.
"I can't." She said, tears in her eyes.
"Please?" I beg. She let out a breath.
"Fine. Y/n. She was a Shadowhunter here at the Institute. She was absolutely beautiful, smart, and funny. She was my bestfriend and Alec's girlfriend. About a year ago, Alec asked her to marry him. They got married and were happy. She became my parabatai too. Then, about 6 months ago, y/n was killed by a demon. We tried to save her, but we couldn't. Alec and y/n weren't even married for a year. I wake up everyday with half of myself gone. Jace was like a brother to her. He didnt leave his room for a week. He was horrible. I don't even know how Alec must've felt. He loved her more than anything." She said, tears rolling down her cheeks. I gave her hug.
"It was worst day of my life." A deep voice said making Izzy and I jump in our hug. We pulled apart to see Alec at the door. "She was my everything. I loved her so much. When she died, I didn't come out of my room for 3 months. Half of me is missing. I never get to wake up to the love of my life. Her voice. Her smell. Her hugs that always made me smile. Her smile. Her face. Her hair. Her lips. Her kisses. I miss her so much, and I know I will never find another love. Not a day goes by that I dont think about her. She was..." He was cut off by the tears running down his face.

Alec's POV
I missed y/n so much, and everyday I remember her death. How she died in my arms.

-Flashback-
Today's mission was just like any other mission. Y/n and I were fighting demons side by side.

My eyes widened as a demon came up behind her. I lunged forward to kill the demon, but it was too late. The demon shot venom into her chest. I killed the demon, and y/n fell into my arms.

We laid together, on the floor, crying. She looked into my eyes and put her hand on my cheek. We both knew that a healing rune would never fix this.
"Please don't leave me." I cried.
"I have to. Please move on, find another person. Get married, have a family. Promise me." She said, tears in her eyes. She was loosing more and more blood by the second. Her breathing got heavier.
"I can't-"
"Promise me." She said sternly.
"I promise." I said, and I broke down into her arms. She hugged me.
"I am so tired." She said.
"Please don't go." I said, crying.
"I love you." She said, looking into my eyes.
"I love you too." I said. She closed her eyes and her hands fell limp. She was dead. The love of my life was dead. My everything was dead.

I let out a scream. Her blood was all over me. Our tears were mixed together on the ground. She laid dead peacefully in my arms.

-Flashback Over-

Alec's POV
"Y/n will always be my only love. And I will always be hers. Someday, I hope I will get to see her again. And Clary, whenever I leave the Institute, I go to her grave." I said. Izzy and Clary got up and gave me a hug. I hugged back, tightly, remembering how maybe I could have saved y/n. I will never forget her. And not a second will go by that I won't think about the love of my life, and the only person to bring light into my life. I will always love you,
y/n.

"I miss you.
I miss your voice.
I miss your smile.
I miss your smell.
I miss your hug.
I miss your jokes.
I miss how you made me feel.
I miss your everything."
-pinterest