Part 13

You get home early to figure out how to talk to Zayn about the baby. You are more nervous than you've been in your life. You don't know if it's the pregnancy or your anxiety, but you feel drowsy.

As you step through the front door, Zayn rushes to your side. You gasp.

"Zayn," you say as his arm wraps around you gently, "I thought you were at an interview."

He puts his finger to your lips and explains how the interview ran short. He hugs you tightly, his firm chest pressed up against your forehead. You smile. The two of you sit down on a couch.

"So," Zayn says all of a sudden, "how was your trip to the doctor?"

You stare at him. You know he'll find out about the baby eventually, but you don't want to tell him. You stutter to find the perfect words to say.

"It's too early to tell the gender, but it's beautiful." You smile nervously, holding back tears.

A smile spreads across Zayn's face as he hugs you tightly again. You rest your head on his shoulder and just take in your surroundings. You look up to see Zayn looking down at you.

"Ellia," he stands up, "there is something I've been meaning to ask you."

You look at him as he helps you up. He walks you to the center of the living room.

"Zayn," you ask suspiciously, "what are you doing?"

He kneels down and pulls a box out of his pocket. He pops open the box to reveal a ring. A tear runs down your cheek.

"Ellia Borba," Zayn says in a firm, strong voice, "we have been dating for years now. You're about to have my baby. You are amazing. You are beautiful. You are kind. You are everything. Would you do me the honors of being my future wife?"

Tears stream down both you and Zayn's faces. He stands up and uses his soft yet calloused hand to brush away your tears.

"So," he asks, "what do you say?"

"Yes."