the beginning of the end

Hello guys! I thought i couldn't write this week because I've been sick for a couple of days now but thankfully, i felt better now so i decided to work on this story and update.  

A/N: I would like to thank the people who messaged me and wished me to get better while i was sick. I won't mention who're they. You know who you are! Thank You, Merci and Salamat! 

A/N: For my readers of my other stories; Sorry but if i can't update this weekend, it will be next week. Hope you understand. I am already behind writing these stories but i can manage. LOL.

**************

  "You know Regan, I still believe that we can work things between us. She left you again so why don't you just comeback to me and we'll start all over again" -Tiffany  

CARINA'S P.O.V.

I stared at Scarlet who was already asleep. She was hugging her teddy bear that Regan gave her before. I heaved a sigh and put the blanket over her. I gently kissed her forehead and dimmed the lampshade.

Then I went to my own room leaving the adjacent door slightly open. While I was on my bed, I was tossing and turning because my mind was still active. I couldn't sleep at all. I was so worried with my father and at the same time, I was thinking about Regan. I turned on my phone and stared at the wallpaper, it was our first picture together with our daughter. I smiled faintly as I remembered how we managed to take that picture.

It was that time when I first agreed to give Regan a chance to prove himself to me again.

"Daddy, I thought were going to take a lots of photos together? You told me we're going to put a picture of us together there" Scarlet said pouting as she pointed at the pictures of me and her dad on the wall. Regan chuckled amusedly and picked Scarlet up and pinched her nose gently.

"Yes princess. We'll do that. Daddy already called professionals. They'll going to come here tomorrow"

"Tomorrow? Can we just take one now Daddy? We can use mommy's phone. We used to take selfies using her phone" Regan looked at me while grinning.

"You know what selfie is?" Regan asked Scarlet. He looked like he was surprised.

"Of course daddy. Everybody knows about it. Even the cartoons I am watching every morning, they know about it"

"Hmm...Really? I didn't know that" I rolled my eyes staring at Regan. Is he for real?

"So, can we take a selfie now?" Scarlet asked again. Regan pretended that he was thinking about whether to say yes or no and Scarlet's forehead furrowed.

"Daddy?" She looked impatient now which made Regan laughed amusedly at her.

"Okay princess. We'll take one. Why don't you come here Kitten and let's take a selfie together?" Regan beaconed me. I was standing at doorway, watching them.

He was teaching Scarlet how to assemble different figures using Legos when Scarlet suddenly remembered about taking pictures.

I was about to approach them when I remembered that I just woke up. I just washed my face and brushed my teeth a while ago before going down. I consciously ran my fingers through my hair. I was still wearing my negligee but I covered it on with a silk robe.

"Why don't we just wait for the photographers tomorrow? I look like a mess" I said. Scarlet wiggled out of her father's arms and Regan put her down. She ran towards me and pulled my hand.