Part 4- The Beautiful beach

Hey this is a short piece of descriptive writing for y'all to read. Enjoy :)

Overlooking the starlit pier lays a sandy beach, with glistening stones with the odd sparkling jewel shining like the sun. The place we stayed in was further along the beach, down an old winding lane,; a little hut.

When we first saw the hut, it looked scary, with dark shadows lurking in the still air, along with the faint smell of death hanging in the air in the silent darkness of the night. It had obviously been deserted for a long time and was dusty with cobwebs strung over the walls like fairy lights.

When we stayed there we had to hand lots of colourful lights around, along with scented candles lit in every room. We had to brighten the whole hut but it was worth it, when it was done it looked like the most spectacular place in the whole world.

I was staying with my three best friends, and every day we had themed meals. On week we picked the colours. We had yellow; bananas, lemon jelly, pineapple, custard and banana milkshake. Green; cucumber sandwiches, mint choc-chip ice cream, lime ice-slush and salt and vinegar crisps. red; strawberries, cherries, kit-Kats and strawberry and raspberry jelly. Orange; oranges, orange juice, mango jelly and mango ice-cream. Blue; blueberries, cheese and onion crisp, blue smarties and bubblegum ice-cream. Purple; plums, Worcester sauce crisps, and blackberry juice. And finally white; milk, vanilla ice-cream, white chocolate buttons, yoghurt and white marshmallows. So in shorter words the food was divine.

The weather in Plymouth was and is always beautiful; clear skies every morning with doves flying around. The scent was always amazing with the salty sea floating in the air. But the beach in Plymouth was the place that enlightened me the most. I had found a secret hidden spot, not a soul ever in sight. Every time I would sit there, with the warm cool breeze brushing past my face.

An extract from my diary as I sat on the beach.

“Not so far away the swishing sound of refreshing blue waves can be heard, with an odd whirl of tornado between each ripple. The sea’s scent now breezes across the white untouched sand, scarring all around with a salty aroma. All the pebbles are cold as ice blocks that have been left in the freezer long forgotten.

 Up above the luminous stars always shine with the bright moon shining into eyes that are mine. The moons and stars reflect dancing shadows on the cool ground.

It is always silent with not a single sound; I sit surrounded by the noise of the bird’s last calls, and then vanishing into the night. I sit late even when the sky is indigo blue.

Beside me I make on the ground with a collection of sticks an exotic wild fire. I listen to the cackling sound of the sticks and let the warmth of the fire fit into the corner of my heart”