Promises Never Ends

After the moment we eat, we rest our full stomach first. Mother volunteered to fix and wash the plates alone. Jessie and I wanted to help her but she insisted. So, that's why we just rest ourselves. I sat on the chair outside as I leaned my hands on the rail. While Jessie sat her butt on the rail. 

" Did you forget on what day today? " Jessie asked me. " Me? Nope. I know it's Saturday. And I still remember our tradition every weekend. " I admitted. " Are you excited of going to the fields today? " Jessie asks me happily. " Yes, I am, Jessie! " I shouted, a serene joy I felt.  Now, I'm getting more excited! I can't wait to go to the fields again! What a joy I feel in my heart. I'm so glad that my mom allow me to go to the fields today with Jessie. It's a fine day that welcomed us as we go out to the house. Even though it's afternoon, mister sun didn't shine so bright that it couldn't give us a hot weather. Oh!  I so love it though! " So, are you excited? " Jessie asked me as she closed the door of the pick-up-truck. " Very excited! " I shouted again. I was sitting in the driver's seat next to Jessie. She's the one who will drives the truck. She's the one who buckles my seatbelts, too. Oh!  I still remember, the very first day we went to the fields. It is still fresh in my mind.   

" Jessie, what are we going to ride through the fields? " I asked curiously, feels like I was getting worried., because it's my first time to go in a field. " Of course. We' re going to ride a pick-up-truck. " she answered, guiding me to my seat.  " Pick-up-truck? What does it looks like? " I asked again. " It's a big truck, not big that looks like a ten wheeler truck. Just an average size. Its color is red. " Jessie answered back with a calm voice. " This truck will take us to the fields everytime we will go there. I'm your driver and you're going to be my guest. " she added, happy voice I heard.

That's the start of knowing this truck and what is its purpose of riding it. Actually, it has a lot of purpose. Not just taking people in the field; Jessie said to me. One more thing why I like Jessieso much, it's because she's a good driver. I've already memorized since I ride this truck that she's the one who is driving it. Memorized the way she drives the truck. Even though I can't see it, but I can feel it.  " So, here we go! Hold on tight, Selene! " she screeched while turning the engine on and started to drive away. Whoo!! What a cool air I breath and runs through my body. My hair is swaying and dancing as the air blows hard. 

That was the first part why I like the air so much. Because it's making my hair sways and dances like a water. I close my eyes. I could feel much the presence of the air I breath. I even heard the clamor of the engine. Suddenly, I dozed off. My head tilted a bit. I could feel my body was jumping a little because of the road that was so rocky. The way to the field is filled with rocks, so many rocks.

Well, I'm used to it. That's why I'm not that much disturbed. Closing my eyes makes me feel everything around me. The swaying hair of Jessie; I can feel it, the air, and the nature. I can smell the nature. We're almost there! To the fields! However, I can say that I am lucky. Even if my vision were taken away, my smell and my feelings are remain still. I'm happy for it. God is really fair. I don't regret it. Because I love it. But sometimes, I want to see how beautiful the world is. It's okay. As long as my mom and Jessie is here with me. It's enough.

Soon, I feel that the truck went stopped. I even heard that Jessie clears her throat. " Ahh... Selene? We're now here. " she told me, her voice was so gentle. " Alright. " I mumbled, trying to open my eyes widely. Then I heard she close the door of the truck near to her. I know what will she going to then. She will guide me to get out of this truck. Right! " Come on. Hold my hands. I will piggy-back you to get out of this truck, okay? " Jessie instructed me. I then wrapped my arms around her shoulders and she holds my thighs tight. " Here we go. Hold on tight. " she reminds me.

She piggy-back me to get out of this truck. " Gosh. You're pretty heavy. Every time I'll piggy-back you, you're getting heavier and heavier. " she groaned, fixing the way she piggy-back me so she'll get comfortable of carrying me on her back. " But not as heavy as a pig, right? You know, the big pig. " I responded, as if I was joking. " Ahh... No. That's an overweight. " we chuckled then to that funny sentence of hers. She's still carrying me all the way to the grassy fields where we will suppose to rest our body and lie down. " Jessie? " " Hmm? "  " We're almost there, right? " I was just guessing.

But what if I am right. " Yup. We're almost there. Just a meter apart. " Jessie answered back honestly. I am really right! My feelings can't be wrong. I still remember what mom said to me. If God made me blind, I should not get mad, or blame him. Because there are special things that the normal ones don't have. Just for an example, my feelings, smell, and hearing. They are so strong, mother said. Unlike to normal people, these senses were weak. Hmm... I guess. " Tadaa!! We're now here! " Jessie declared gleefully. " Really!? Yehey! " " Okay. So, keep on holding. I'll now put down my guest. " I chuckled. She bent down her knees, she was being careful of putting me down on the grassy ground, releasing her hands carefully on my thighs, and I carefully releasing my hands, too around her shoulders.

Soon, I am now sitting on the grassy ground. As well as Jessie, she sat down beside me. I take a long deep breath. Closing my eyes and heaving my head up high.Wow. The air is so clean and fresh. Its breeze was so cold that touches through my cheeks. “ I so love the air. “ Jessie feels it, too. “ Right. Ah .. Jessie? “ I agreed. Facing her then. “ Eh? “ “ Did you still remember our promises to each other? “ I asked her. “ Yup. Still fresh in my mind. “ she said in a calm way. “ Me, too. BFF’ s Golden Rule. Number one, care the blind and feed the normal. “ I speak out our rules. “ Number two, help together, love each other and best friends forever. And for number three, always stick together, ‘till the end. “ Jessie then followed me, saying our golden rules together.   “ Promise? “ Jessie asked me. “ Promise! “ I responded cheerfully. “ Pinky Pact! “ we said in a unison, crossing our pinky fingers as one. Pinky Pact is our trademark when we promised to each other.

The sun, the air, the butterflies, and all the living things that surrounds us; they are the witness of our promises. Promises of our friendship that will never lasts forever, ‘till eternity, ‘till we die. If she dies first, I’ll go and follow her.