True Grit

" What have you done!!?? " I was surprise. There was a man's voice appeared and was shouting on me. I quickly put my hands down and wondered in fear. I don't know what to do. Mom said, 

'Don't talk to strangers.' But that man makes me feel terrible. I want to move my feet, but it's hard. It was like being glued on the ground. I was speechless. Oh, God, please help me. Jessie, omma, I need you. " Hey! Why are you not talking? Don't you know what you're doing, huh??!! Because of you! this cup of brewed coffee spilled onto my polo! " he yelled at me. I guess he's right, it's my fault. Because I spread my hands earlier, and maybe he didn't notice it because he's in a hurry. I felt so sorry. But I felt numb.

" Oh. What am I going to do? I still have meetings today and now —- my polo is a mess! " he murmured, worrying about his polo. I'm so sorry, mister. I want to speak out, but still, I have the lack of power to speak right now. " You! you're speechless, huh. Speak up! Say sorry! " he demanded. I want to say sorry, but, I —- I was afraid with you, mister.

" It's all your fault! How could I attend my meetings if I was in a mess?! My polo was now messy! Hey! Hey! " I felt that he was really, really angry with me. Especially that I am not talking to him. " This is not suppose to be like this if you're watching! If you're saying that this is my fault, this isn't my fault because I am in a hurry! I know you notice me because you have your eyes! Why? Are you blind, huh? " he ejaculated, scolding at me so hard.

" Yes! She is! She is blind, mister! " a voice intruded in a sudden. That voice. That voice was from Jessie!

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-

" Yes! she is! she is blind, mister! " I intruded, I was really angry at that guy. He don't have the right to say like that to in front of Selene. " Jessie? Is that you? " Selene assures herself if she was right. " Yes. I am, Selene. Don't worry. I will defend you against this monster. " I admit, caressing her hair thoroughly. My eyes were so narrow when I look at him. And my blood feels like it was boiling for the madness I feel over him. " Jessie! " Selene cried happily. She felt so happy when I found her. She grasped my hands tight. Her hands was so cold and it was shivering. She was deeply afraid of this guy. 

" Selene, are you feel okay now? " I ask her earnestly.

" Yes, Jessie. " smilingly she replied.

" Are you afraid of this guy? "

" Umm... A bit. But, I know it's really my fault. And I'm so sorry, mister. I was just afraid on you earlier that's why I didn't say sorry to you quickly. " she explained, bowing her head a little when she's saying sorry to him.

" So, did you hear that? She's saying her sorry to you. You're happy now? " I said back to him. He's not responding. Maybe he's in a deep conscience of doing that to Selene. Well, he deserves it. I can say he's cute, but, too bad he's rude. Hmph! Not my type.

" Hey, girls. What's wrong with you here? " auntie is now arrived. Holding the tickets to Woodlawn on her hands.

" Mother! " Selene wailed in happiness.

" Nothing, auntie. " I answered, looking at my aunt and rolling my eyes to that guy.

" Alright. We have to go now. " aunt declared.

We then take our walk through the train and left the rude guy. Still, I didn't hear his voice saying 'sorry' to Selene.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-