True Happiness

This will be going the right time, the time that we will go to the hospital. Oh. God, thank you so much! I am so blessed! You know how much happiness I feel today. And I am so thankful to my hero, Clenard. I thought he was a cold-hearted person. But I am wrong. He is a kind-hearted person. I guess I want to be his friend, because I feel that... I like him to be my friend. I hope he will feel the same, too. I sigh. " My bed, you know what, I am so happy today. Someday, you will be surprise. Don't worry. You'll soon to find out. " I talked to my bed that I was sitting right now.

" Selene? "

" Eh? " I suddenly startled.

" They're now here. Come on. Let's go. " Jessie reminded me. She then guided me to stand as she holds my hand tight and directed me to walk through the outside. Soon, this will not happen anymore. Jessie won't do this to me anymore. Because I feel... my vision will come back. Jessie and I will be playing around. And I will help mom to cook food for breakfast, for lunch, and for dinner. I will be going to strive harder for my family. I will look for a job. Mom will be very happy for me.

" Hello, Selene. " Clenard's voice I heard, saying hello to me.

" Hi, Clenard. " I greeted back, bowing my head and smiling to him widely.

" Wow. What a beautiful dress you're wearing, Selene!! That suits to a pretty girl like you. " Troy appreciated. I feel shy that it could made me feel blush on my cheeks. " Oh. Thanks, Troy. "

" So, let's get in the car. I know you're very excited, Selene. " Nick declared.

" You're right, Nick. "

 " Okay. Let's get in, Selene. " Jessie then direct me all the way inside the car. " Be careful. "

When we got inside the car, I feel strange around my surroundings. I'm not used to it, especially the seat. " What's wrong? " she asked as she was beside me. " Jessie, this isn't the pick-up truck, right? " I heard Jessie, she's chuckling. " You're right. This isn't the pick-up truck. I know you miss it, am I right? " I sighed while I was nodding my head. I miss the pick-up truck. Hmm... Right! I have an idea! When the time I'll got my vision, I'll study on how to drive. So that, I'm going to drive the pick-up truck all the way to the fields. Oh. I can't wait! Jessie will be very proud of me. And she'll going to have a rest on driving soon! Because I'm her substitute.

" Ahh... Wait. Where's my mom? " I asked.

" Here I am, darling. " gleefully said mom.

" So, seat belts on. Here we go! " Nick reminded us. He then started the engine on and turns to drive away. I know Jessie isn't the one who drives the car, but at least, I feel comfortable to the new driver.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I can tell that this is not my attitude. That... this is not the real Clenard . I don't know why I acted so weird when I'm with them, especially to Selene. Is it because, I felt pity to her? Or is it because she's blind? I sigh. I guess none of the above. I think, it's because—she's too kind to me.

If I will show my true attitudes to her, I know she will cry and will try to avoid me. I guess it will be very hard for me of acting so kind to her. But I know I can do this. I have to do this. I should.

Momentarily, the phone inside my pocket suddenly rings. Don't tell me this is Nina! 

" Hey. Clenard, answer your phone. " Troy said. I act like I was being forced while I was getting my phone. When I looked to the screen, Nina's name appeared. If I will turn it off, I know... she will dial and will call me again. So, I think it's better for me to answer it. " Hello? " I answered with a weak voice. " Hey! Honey! " she shouted that I could quickly distance myself away from the phone. " Why did you answer it so long? "