EPILOGUE

It had been a week since Hunter and his friends had their run-in with Mr. Bogart and the Brotherhood. A long week of being grounded and seeing only the inside of the school and his bedroom. His parents had taken away his phone and he hadn't even been able to text or Snapchat his friends for the week, and a week without a smartphone to a teen was like an eternity.

Hunter had scanned newspapers every day to see if there was any mention of a fire at the Lodge, but wasn't surprised when he found none. That place had more secrets than the FBI.

Hunter had read the email from Solomon and, like Sheldon, he was glad the person was on their side... but suspicious as well.

Like Solomon had said, Mr. Bogart had vanished into thin air and the Lodge of the Brotherhood had a "For Lease" sign on it.

Hunter hated lying to his parents about what happened that night and the danger he and his friends had been in, but it was better than the alternative—telling the truth and losing the two fragments of the map. Now more than ever he wanted to help his grandfather to discover the truth behind the map and what wisdom it held.

Hunter had actually not heard from his grandfather since the original package arrived, and he had no way to get a hold of him, which bothered him.

On the final day of his punishment, Hunter received a Skype video call from an unknown number. He answered and was surprised to see his grandfather's smiling face at the other end of the connection.

"Granddad! I was beginning to get worried," Sheldon said, relived to see his grandfather.

"You should never worry, my boy, I've got an army of angels around me at all times. Recently they had to learn to swim a little, but I'm fine. Maybe a little waterlogged but considering the alternative, I'd say I'm doing great."

"What does that mean?" Hunter asked.

"Let's just say, I had to fake my death to live to see today. But, that's a story for another day, my boy. We have adventures to go on!"

"Where are you? When are you coming home?" Hunter had a hundred questions for his grandfather.

"Do you still have the package I sent you? Is it safe?"

"Better than that, I have a second piece!" Hunter was bursting to tell his grandfather about the adventure he and his friends had been on.

"What? How is that possible?"

"You won't believe the story I have to tell you."

"I bet I will, but there's no time to tell me now. I'm contacting you because I want you to meet me in Vienna."

"Vienna. Like in Austria."

"The one and only."

"But why?"

"I have a lead on another piece of the map and I need your help, my boy."

"I don't know, Grandfather. I'm just getting over being grounded for—"

Hunter's grandfather interrupted. "You let me deal with your parents. I need you here with me."

"There's just one thing."

"What's that?"

"Well, I kind of had to tell my friends about the map. I'm sorry. I know you told me not to tell anyone, but I needed their help."

"No worries, my boy. In fact, I'm glad you did. We need the best and brightest mind, and your innocence, to solve this mystery. You are your friends are perfect. No one will suspect you. Pack your bags. You've got a plane to catch."

THE END