Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen (Ethan's POV)

"Where the hell is he?" I asked, frowning as Nick and I stood near Lucas' first period class. Oliver stood at Nick's side, grimacing as he scanned the hallways quickly. He was panicking. I could tell by his frantic movements, not to mention, he was gripping Nick's hand so tightly, I think it had gone numb.

And I would've done the same thing, if that was my idea of panicking.

My idea of panicking?

My heart was racing and my eyes were darting around, searching the crowd for Lucas. It was hard to miss him, so where the hell was he? He wasn't here. I asked around and no one had seen him, half the people didn't even know who I was talking about.

Oliver's cell phone went off, playing Green Day's 21 Guns. He blushed, letting go of Nick's hand and flipping open his phone. Suddenly, Nick's phone went off too. I frowned.

Seconds later, phones were going off everywhere. Teachers frantically rushed around to confescate them, but students were gaping at their phones. I had lost mine, so there was no way I was getting mine back.

But the look on Oliver's face was enough to tell me it was something bad.

The blood drained from his face, his lips parting, but no words escaping. Nick's reaction was almost the same, only he managed to gasp.

"Oh my God." He managed.

"What?" I demanded, reaching for the phone. Nick didn't even have the strength to pull it away from me as I took the phone, glancing at the screen.

Every muscle in my body felt like it had snapped. My eyes widened as I felt cold all over. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

On the small iPhone touch screen was a picture of Lucas. His pants were completely gone and his sweatshirt was torn open, just sliding off his bare shoulders. A bruise was swelling on his cheek and a long cut ran down the center of his torso. Small cuts were made around his thighs, especially near the tight black briefs that I'd bought for him.

A pair of hands were gripping his arms over his head, giving an even more suggestive view and so was the hand gripping him under one of his knees.

I felt all the air leave my lungs as I stared at the picture.

No.

No, no, no.

What's going on? What the hell was this?

I jerked my head up to hear someone shriek and several other people gasp. The rage kicked in when I heard a couple people choke back laughter. My eyes burned into the screen as I immediately recognized the faded parking lot lines of the facilty parking lot.

I dropped Nick's phone and barrelled right past everyone in my way. I almost knocked over a teacher and smacked a student into their locker as I shoved my way through the mass of people. I made it to the cafeteria hallway, bolting down to the very end.

Blood was rushing in my ears and I felt like I was going to explode.

They touched Lucas.

Lucas.

They touched him! They were going to regret this!

I couldn't even form proper thoughts after that. Just sentence stuck with me:

I'm going to kill them.

I finally reached the doors, throwing them open and bursting outside, ignoring the chill of November and the bright sun. My eyes landed on Lucas, who was still on the ground, but now curled up in a fetal position, one of his hands gripping his shoulder tightly. Carter was standing over him, just closing his cell phone with Rico and Mike standing off to the side, both of them looked shameful.