Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen (Lucas' POV)

"It's not gonna fit. It's too big!"

"Bullshit, I'll make it fit."

"Ethan, if you rip it, I'll never read to you again."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a promise, now stop pushing and just give it to me. I'll find a different place for it." I commanded, holding my hand out as I watched Ethan scowl at me, holding the Lord of the Flies book that we had finished about a week ago. It was time to rearrange the books and Ethan was trying to cram all his favorites into one shelf, but there was no way they'd all fit. There were too many.

He reluctantly handed me the book, ruffling his hair as he glared at the bookshelf like it was all the bookshelf's fault. I smirked, then took the book to a different bookcase just two feet away. I managed to wedge it in between Romeo and Juliet and Oliver!

"So," Ethan drawled, coming up behind me to nuzzle me gently, "I was thinking we could take a break right about now. I've been working all day and I could use a lot of Lucas right now." I tipped my head back to look up at him with a smile. He smiled back and kissed me on the lips.

It hadn't been long since Ethan moved in. About a week or so and he was still having difficulties adjusting, mostly to the outrageous work schedule Rick gave him. I know Rick was just trying to get him to work hard enough to make money and move out, but at the same time, I knew he didn't totally hate Ethan. I saw the occasional smiles between them that meant they were pretty mutual together.

"I could use some Ethan exposure too." I replied, my lips brushing Ethan's. He smiled and kissed me again, this time slowly turning me around so he could hold me against his chest, his lips crushing against mine.

I still felt that little shiver of uneasiness and insecurity, but it wasn't as bad as before. I knew for a fact that Ethan wouldn't push me away or hurt me. I trusted him.

"What're you smiling about?" Ethan asked me as he kissed my nose, raising an eyebrow at me. I felt my cheeks grow warm as I tried to stop smiling, but for once, I really couldn't stop smiling. I didn't say anything and just leaned up and kissed him again. Ethan still looked curious, but didn't ask me about it.

"Are you guys done up there? My parents are gonna be here soon!" Danny called from downstairs. I blinked and frowned at the door. Not that I wasn't excited to see Vic and Ace again, but everyone in this house had really bad timing. It was like they were watching us and making sure to interrupt every intimate moment.

"We'll finish after." Ethan promised, ruffling my hair. I sighed and just nodded, turning back to him to scan him over quickly. According to Rick, and I quote him specifically:

"Make sure your football player doesn't look like a football player, all right? I already let the slob into my house. I don't want him giving my uncle and his husband a heart attack when they find out I let a pig into the house."

Ethan looked presentable enough. He looked far better than he did earlier. He'd come home from work covered in grease and grime, as well as an ugly looking bruise on his jaw from a client that decided Ethan had magically smudged his Porsche. I wish he didn't have to put up with people like that, but he took it gracefully.

Now he'd probably give that rich jerk a run for his money.

Ethan had showered and was now dressed in a button up black shirt, with the top buttons undone because he whined and complained how it was strangling him. It matched the pair of black jeans perfectly. This was actually the first time I'd ever seen him dress up nice...