PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

3 YEARS LATER

It was the first day of spring. After months of rain and snow the skies had finally opened up to let the sun through. As the rays bounced off the walls of the tall buildings, the old castle-like architecture made the ancient city look even more magnificent than before. It was also the last day of term before Easter holidays. So Rebekka was super excited because she knew he was coming. Immediately the lecturer declared the end of class, she jumped up from her chair, shoved her books and laptop into her back pack and all but sprinted out of class. She quickly unlocked her bike from the shed and cycled through her usual route. Through the alleys way of the city, onto high street then to her college. She took the stairs that led to the college entrance two at a time not being able to control her excitement.

Two hours later, she had packed her bags, changed her clothes  and was in her white jaguar cruising down the streets of oxford towards the country side. When she reached the all too familiar driveway, she turned into it and packed in front of the cottage. There was another car already packed outside. By the looks of it, Kevin and Sandra were already here. For once they arrived before her, what a shock. Not bothering to knock because she knew they had left the door open, she entered the house with her bags in hand.

"Guys, am home!" she shouted when she was welcomed by silence. "Sandra! Kevin!" she dumped her bags in one of the hallways and kept shouting their names when no one answered. She looked into the living room and library but no one was there. It was only when she got to the kitchen that she started to hear the laughter.

"Oh wow, you guys have already started preparing the food without me." She exclaimed as she stepped out into the garden.

"Bekka!!" Sandra ran to hug her almost pushing her to the ground.

"I have missed you too." Bekka laughed as she returned Sandra's hug.

"You were taking too long so we started without you." Kevin said defensively as he too came to give her a tamer hug.

"well i guess now you know how to feels to be kept waiting." She joked as she also hugged him.

Since she had started studying in oxford last September, the siblings had insisted that she spend holidays with them if she didn't want to go back to Korea. So she did. Sometimes she spent a week with them, sometimes two but every time, they would spend at least 3 days at the cottage. It had become some kind of ritual for them. As expected she had gotten really close to them that they joked all the time that she was their long lost sister. She really appreciated how they opened up their home and lives to her. 'Their parents had raised them well' she remembered thinking, when she had met their parents. The couple had welcomed her with open arms and pretty much become her term-time foster parents in oxford. The family was Christian and she could see that through how they treated her and those around them.

The weeks that she did not spend with them, she spent with Rona's family. Mr and Mrs Burns had been so happy when she had told them that she was coming back to oxford. Mrs Burn said she felt closer to Rona with Rebekka around. And every now and then they would go to see her Rona. The first few times, they both used to find the visit emotionally draining. But now they both looked forward to their visits. A lot of the time they would just tell Rona some of the funny things that had happened and laugh about it. Rebekka felt so blessed to be surrounded with so many people who cared about her that she rarely become homesick. I mean that might also have something to do with the fact that Ms Daniels dropped by quite often during her business trips.

The trio were still talking in the garden when the door bell rung. Rebekka's face lit up at the sound.

"Omg he's here!"

Not wasting even a second, she sprinted to the door and swung it open with so much force it was a miracle it didn't snap off.

"Min woo!!" she screamed as she jumped on him. Min woo laughed as he wrapped his arms around her."

"Missed me that much huh!"

"More than you can imagine!" she confessed still clinging onto him.

"Me too. More than YOU can imagine." he tightened his arms around her. They stayed like for quite a long time before Rebekka heard someone clear their throat. Quickly stepping away from Min woo she looked behind him.

"Omg Mi hi!" she ran to her friend and also embrace her. "Omg Min woo did tell me you were coming."

"Hey, where is my hug?" Mun hee asked accusingly from his spot near the car, arms crossed but with the biggest grin on his face.

"Omg you came along too!!"

This was more than she had wished for. She hadn't seen the twins in ages because she hadn't gone back to Korea since university started. Oh yeah, her and her mum had moved back to Korea after the press conference. Till this day 'Min Woo's press conference' remains one of the most searched and watched videos on Korean internet. Rebekka still smiles to herself when she thinks back to that day. She must have definitely saved a nation in her past life because that's the only explanation she could come up with that explained how she was so lucky to find a guy like Min woo. A man who was ready to give up everything for her and went to battle with his whole country just to be with her. That day Min woo had showed her just how far he would go for them and she had vowed never to doubt his love for her ever again. She had also made a vow to herself never to let anything come between them, not even her own insecurities and stupidity.

Once the reunion was over, Rebekka led the new guests into the back yard. It was the first time the twins were meeting Kevin and Sandra so she prayed everything went well. They were still laughing when the four of them entered the garden and then everything stopped.

"Kevin?" Mi hi was the first to say as she stopped in her tracks.

"Mi hi." Kevin whispered in surprise as his feet become transfixed to the ground.

"It can't be." Mi hi whispered in a state of bewilderment "It can't be."

The end