LONG TIME NO SEE (32)

Bekka stepped into the café that was all too familiar. Immediately she walked in, the aroma of all different kinds of coffees and syrups assaulted her nose and the warm atmosphere of the café enveloped her like a soft caress. Stopping for a bit at the door, she took a minute to take in her surroundings. Everything was the same as she last saw it yet, deep inside, she had changed so much. Just like it used to when she first came to Korea, this place gave her a sort of comfort that she hadn't realised she missed. Going to the counter, Bekka smiled at the cute boy at the counter. He looked around 18,19. And as he smiled back at her asking to take her order, she was reminded of another cute boy that used to work here. A boy who had so easily reached out his invitation to be her friend. He had helped her out through the tough first few weeks of being in Korea and showed her that home is not a place, but where your friends and family are. Home is where you can laugh, cry and be yourself without feeling judged. Bekka, picked up her cup of chai latter and made her way to the same table she used to sit on. Right at the back by the window. Looking down at her cup of coffee, she almost expected to see a smiley face but of course it wasn't there. Because the person it belongs to was on his way.

At that exact moment, her phone vibrated. Looking down to see who had messaged, she smiled to herself. Seems like he was running late by 30 mins. If it was any other person she would have been a bit annoyed because if there was one thing she hated most was lateness. But she was excited to see Joo tae hyun. She had been since she had finally mastered the courage to call him the day before. She had been on house arrest for the past four days after someone had sent her a threat through the post. It had been the first threat she had received so she had been utterly scared for a day or two. She was over it now but Min woo on the other hand still insisted that she only go out with either him, Mun hee, Mi hi or the body guards he had assigned her. But the he and the twins were busy and her excitement at seeing Tae Hyun was uncontainable.

It felt like years since she had last seen him and was scared that he might be annoyed with her for ignoring him. When the whole Rona thing had happened he had called many times and sent many texts asking if she was okay. She had ignored all of them because she hadn't been in the right frame of mind to talk to anyone. And then everything with Min woo had happen. Thinking back now, she really wouldn't blame him if he had ignored her call too. But Tae hyun being the kind-hearted person he was, had sound more than ecstatic to hear from her and insisted on meeting her today despite his busy schedule. So of course she would wait another 30 mins. In that time, she looked outside the window and did what she like best, PEOPLE WATCHING.

She immersed herself in the stories of the people walking past that she didn't even notice the time going. After the week she had had, it was a well needed distraction. She took another sip of her drink as she saw yet another couple walk by. The guy had his arm around the girls shoulders she wrapped her around his waist. They were looking into each other's eyes as they laughed at a private joke. They seemed so at easy and lost in each other that they did even notice the angry lady who bumped into the girl with her bag. As she watched the couple disappear into the distance a sad smile crossed Bekka face. She wondered if her and min woo would ever be able to walk around like that in public without someone taking a picture, whispering insults behind her back or worse still even egg her. It hadn't happened to her yet but going with the threats she had received in the last few days, she would not be too surprised if someone cause her physical harm. The thought made her a shiver run down her neck as she become self-aware all of a sudden. She now started to notice the eyes of the people in the restaurant.

She hadn't noticed the attention she was getting since she came in because she had been too taken up with the memories she had in this place. Her paranoia was starting to increase as she saw a flash aimed at her and then a girl walk away with her camera. More flashes came and they seemed to increase from every angle that Rebekka had to hide her face. But even with that the flashed kept coming and now she could see a small crowd building up in the window that she provided her with a very nice view only a minute ago. Seems like word had gotten out that she was here. But it was too late to try and leave now. She would never been able to cut through this crowd by herself. Thinking quickly, she opened her phone to call Mun hee to come pick her but before she could press the call button, a hand appeared in her view.