Disney Classics

Hi!

This isn't very long because I couldn't really fins anything on this but wanted to do Disnet Classics, so here it goes!

I did copy and paste (most of it) so I cannot garantee that all of this info is right!

-------------------------

Chapter 19: Disney Classics

Wow, talk about a job! The voice of Merriweather in Sleeping Beauty is the voice of Lady in Lady and the Tramp, also the voice of Aunt Sarah in Lady and the Tramp is the voice of the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella.

In The Hunchback of Notre Dame

During the song Out there when they show the courtyard

the Lion King's Pumbaa is being carried by two men with a pole, and a street merchant is shaking out the flying carpet from Aladdin, and Belle appears too.... Talk about loving a character, yikes!

Mrs. Potts (from Beauty and the Beast) appears in Tarzan during the "Trashin the Camp" scene.

Aladdin:

John Candy, Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

In the original folktale, Aladdin is actually Chinese

Whenever Aladdin tells a lie, the plume on his hat falls and covers his face

When Aladdin asks Genie if he can make him into a prince, and Genie consults his "cookbook", one of the things he pulls out of the book is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid

Lea Salonga, who is the voice of Mulan is also the signing voice for Jasmine.

Here's one. The monkey actually swears in Alladin. You have to listen for it but it is when the rocks start disappearing into the lava. I love it...

---- no more aladdin-------------

In enchanted the women who voiced Ariel in the Little Mermaid played the secretary in the office...there was even a fish tank and quiet Little Mermaid music in the background.

In Mary Poppins, many of the other applicants for the nanny position were actually men dressed in drag.

I think the voices of Alice in Alice in Wonderland and Wendy in Peter Pan were the same actress

The word "sex" clearly appears in the night sky during a scene of The Lion King. It's the scene where adult Simba walks away from Timon and Pumba, clearly upset, and flops down on the ground, and it kicks up dust.  (This was later not proven, and said that it spelled, SFX)

Snow White

Some of the people involved in Snow White thought the name Dopey was too modern for the classic fairy tale, and felt the characters name should be changed. Walt Disney managed to change their minds by convincing them all that Shakespeare had once used the word in one of his plays. Of course, no reference to this word has ever been found in any of his works.

- To give Snow White a more natural look, some of the ink and paint artists started applying their own rouge on her cheeks. When Walt Disney asked one how they would apply the rouge correctly for each cell, she responded, "What do you think we've been doing all our lives?"

- When the film premiered at New York's Radio City Music Hall, all the velvet upholstery on the seats needed to be changed after the first engagement was over. It seems that the sequence when Snow White gets lost in the forest was so frightening to the young viewers, that many of them wet their pants during the film.

------------ no more Snow White------------------

Pirates of the Carribean : Curse of the Black Pearl was the first PG-13 movie released under the Walt Disney Pictures label. Previously all movies that Disney produced that weren't G or PG were under the Touchstone label

Prince Eric from Little Mermaid and The Prince in Cinderella 2 and 3 are all voiced by the same guy, Christopher Daniel Barnes

The Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story is in every pixar film, although sometimes hard to find.

The man who voiced Roger in 101 dalmations also voiced Grimsby in the Little Mermaid.

In Beauty and the beast, the woman who voiced Ariel in Little Mermaid plays the 3 blonde girls. In "The Little Mermaid", at the beginning of when King Triton swoops down over the crowd, after he passes across the screen, below him and to his left Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy can be seen sitting in the crowd. In Enchanted, (there are a lot of things in that movie,) the bus driver's hair is supposed to look like Mickey ears. In Aladdin, when Genie is packing at the end of the movie, he puts on a Goofy hat.

In Santa Clause 2, when Scott and the robot Santa are fighting in the sleigh, Tim Allen says, "You are a sad strange little man" (just like he did as Buzz in Toy Story)

In the original Sleeping Beauty, Melificant says "All the powers of Hell", but in the newer version she says "All the powers of Evil" When Cinderella is singing "Sing, sweet nightengale", three bubbles form the head and ears of Mickey Mouse. there was a short movie with Walter Conkite (sp?) and Robin Williams at the "Art of Animation" tour at MGM Studios. In this short film, Walter is doing a "man on the street" report in WDW, and Robin is a guest in the park taking pictures. Robin is then changed into a animated Lost Boy from Peter pan.

I think that Robin is wearing the same outfit that Genie changes into when he becomes free, at the end of Aliddin.

The tire company in Cars is called Lightyear

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont ask why this is in italics, something happened. Anyway, hope you learned something knew! Please: VOTE

COMMENT

FAN!!!