Stories and History

Aleka was in the kitchen when Georgie returned; finally awake after Tristan’s magical slumber that she had been in. Aleka did feel bad that her best friend was subdued to her second vampire trick so soon after the last, but both were to protect her from harm.

“Hey, where did you get off to?” Aleka asked, pretending to know nothing about the night.

“I…you know what? I don’t know. I woke up in the union hall along with a few other students. When did you leave?” Georgie’s face was filled with confusion.

“Honestly, I took off after about ten minutes. I got a headache and remembered how much I disliked union parties.” Aleka lied, handing her friend a tall glass of water.

“I don’t know what happened. It was weird.” Georgie took the glass and sat down at the table, still stunned and confused by what had happened.

“Just get some rest. Maybe you drank too much.” Aleka helped her friend up and guided her to her bedroom, watching as Georgie fell on the bed. Aleka smiled softly, glad that she had saved people tonight, before closing the door and moving to her own room down the hall.

“You nearly killed me!” Aleka shouted when she spotted a figure lying on her bed, only realising it was Tristan once the light had been turned on.

“I highly doubt my presence would be enough to constrict the blood flow and cause any serious damage at all. In fact, your blood flow seems to have increased.” Tristan said with a smirk that bared his fangs.

“It’s called adrenaline. It often appears during times of danger.” Aleka told him sarcastically as she sat on the window seat.

“You don’t need adrenaline. You were born with your destiny planned and immortal blood in your veins.”

“You make it sound like I was bred for a purpose. I’m not a machine.”

Tristan smiled and turned his head to look at her. She noticed his eyes were back to their usual hazel shade. “I know you’re not Ally, but you may be our only key to destroying Sullivan. You saw the prophecy yourself and two warriors have never co-existed like this before. Our rebel army should be stronger than ever with the power and strength you two can bring to it.”

“I still don’t know how this ‘warrior’ thing came about. That’s the one thing you lot failed to explain to me.”

Tristan looked confused for a moment, as if he was sure that she had been told. Aleka sighed and stood up, moving to the bed and nudging him over so that she could sit on the end of it and get comfortable. She sensed that a story was inevitable now.

“Do you want to know your story?” Tristan asked, staring at her with warm eyes, for a change.

“That is why I brought the matter up.”

“The Warrior line was created in 1684. Your ancestor, Eleanor Proctor, was kidnapped by a Vampire Lord to be his slave. She was abused and tortured by him to the point where she craved death. The Vampire Lord was running out of time. He was hated by many and there was no successor with his blood. So he picked Eleanor to bear his child. No human can carry a vampire baby, so it was necessary for her to be turned first. However, halfway through the ceremonial turning, a group of vampire hunters stumbled across them and killed the Vampire Lord. Eleanor insisted that she had not been bitten but merely scratched and so was left to live. The poison had already entered her system though, but not enough to turn her into a creature of the night, just enough to provide her with the strength and the talent of any immortal creature. She finally settled down with a mortal and had a daughter who carried the same unique DNA as her mother. Ever since then, every child born into the Proctor family has had the same abilities as vampires and other immortal beings.” The tale seemed to roll off Tristan’s tongue, almost as if he had witnessed the whole chain of events from the beginning.

“But that doesn’t explain why we’re warriors after all of this.” Aleka pulled her knees to her chest and looked back at the vampire for more answers.

“Eleanor decided she wanted revenge on the vampire race for everything that she was put through. She hunted and killed any vampires she encountered. Her story was passed down the family line but each generation became more lenient in their fighting, understanding that not all vampires are evil, leading up until today when you yourself are aware that warriors can fight alongside vampires in the hopes of creating peace in the realm.” Aleka nodded in understanding, everything starting to make plausible sense to her now. “By the way, I took the liberty of using some more magic to erase the memories of everyone who was at the party. All they need to do is to go to sleep and when they awake they shall have no recollection of even going to a party tonight.”

“It’s almost sunrise.” She stated as her eyes fixed on the orange colour creeping over the city skyline.

“I was aware of that. Do not worry. I have a suitable resting area prepared in the attic of this house.”

“What’s your story then Tristan?” Aleka turned to look at him again, finally asking a question that she’d been thinking about for some time.

“My dear, your brother doesn’t even know that, so what makes you believe that I would consider telling you?” He said with another smirk.

“Because I’m not my brother? Because you can trust me not to use it against you? Because, it’d be good to talk about it?” Aleka smiled and shrugged, then yawned.

“Maybe another day, for now, you need to rest. You had a busy first night.” Tristan jumped off the bed and moved towards the door.

“Well, you know where I am.” Aleka said as she climbed beneath the bed sheets and rested her head on the icy pillow; icy courtesy of Tristan.

“I always do.”

Aleka heard the click of her door closing as Tristan left the room. His final three words echoed around her mind and right before she succumbed to a peaceful slumber she mumbled: “Yeah, that’s creepy.”