Chapter Eighteen: Samir

Samir waited for Rosen to return, while he watched the weak Stain. She really had neglected her body for too long, it was struggling with the simplest of tasks. This woman, Eris, was nothing like Samir expected a member of Rosen's family to be like. She was conniving, and she believed herself to be smart, but she was so weak compared to Rosen. Perhaps Samir was just bias, as the wolf was growing on him.

They only had three days from the moment that he cut the Stain's aura, meaning that the first day was almost over. Samir knew that Rosen had a plan, but he did wish his mate would share her thoughts with him; but he knew better.

"Do you think if I don't tell her, she will kill me?" Eris asked, breaking the silence that had settled into the room.

"Are you concerned?" He asked, not even sparing her a glance. He was watching the stairs, waiting for Rosen to make her entrance.

"Curious." She corrected. "I wonder how dark she has become, maybe she will kill me after she learns the truth."

As Samir debated whether he should respond to the prisoner or not, Rosen entered the room. Samir noticed that her face looked flushed, and he could tell by her stance that she was feeling on edge for some reason. He knew that she had left to talk to Mircolas, but he could also tell that something was off with this meeting. He wanted to ask, but he wanted to ask in private.

"Aunt Eris, I have a proposition. Either, you tell me all the secrets you're hiding now, and save yourself some pain, or you wait until after I torture the information out of you." Her aunt cackled.

"You could not get this out of me, no matter what you do." She said, practically crawling her way to the bars. Her body was too weak, and would not survive much torture. Samir hoped that Rosen had another plan other than torturing the woman.

"Oh really?" Rosen smirked, and it was a dangerous one. "Even if you would not crack under my pressure." She said, walking to the door of the cell. "I have a Royal witch willing to dig through that mind of yours." Samir should have known that Rosen would have another plan. She had not made it this far without having multiple plans for every scenario.

Eris' eyes widened. "Why would a Royal want to work with you?" She asked, sounding panicked. Had she really thought Rosen did not have connections? "Unless you're bluffing."

"Does a Jacobs bluff?" Rosen asked with a snarl.

"It does not matter. I will never willingly tell you. You will die before you learn the truth." Eris responded with hollow anger.

Samir could hear the sound of Rosen grinding her teeth in anger. He looked up the steps to see Drake, keeping his distance. He knew at that moment that Eris was in trouble.

"Rosen." Samir said, and Rosen's eyes snapped to him. The green was so intense, that even he almost flinched. He nodded his head to the stairs, and she narrowed her eyes.

"Drake, guard." She commanded and the dog made his way downstairs. Rosen turned on her heel, not looking at Samir or Eris, and made her exit. Samir followed closely behind, pleased that Rosen had listened to him. She waited until he shut the door behind him before she turned to him. "What?"

"You cannot torture that woman." He said.

"What?" She snarled, the fire burning deep in her eyes. She thought he was commanding her.

"I am not telling you that you are not allowed to, I am telling you that if you do you will kill her before the Royal has a chance to look into her mind. Her body is too weak, and her mind and body are not properly connected. She cannot leave, but it has been too long since she has been in her body fully. She may not even feel some of the torture that you intend on inflicting on her." Samir explained, hoping to calm some of the storm in her eyes. Not that he minded her fire, it was part of her attraction.

"She will die if I torture her? But, only if I torture her physically?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" Samir asked, wondering what his mate was up to.

"Do you honestly believe that I got as far as I have with simply using physical torture? Sometimes the mind is weaker than the body. I will just use my Aunt's unstable mind against her." Rosen said, her hand already on the door knob. "After this is over with my aunt, we need to discuss what it is we are doing about this mate bond." She said, her voice low. Samir did not like the way she spoke, as if she were about to reject him all over again.

"We will." He insisted, and this time he would not let her say whatever she wants and then leave, he was going to say how he felt about this whole situation.

She nodded. "I'm going to be with her for a moment, you are free to do whatever you wish. If you need to rest, there are plenty of beds in my house." She informed before returned back to aunt. Rosen had just given Samir permission to sleep in one of her beds, even though he did not need rest he knew that it was a large gesture on her end. As an older Reaper, Samir needed few hours of sleep in order to function.

"She's brash, isn't she?" Samir turned to see Rosen's Gamma, Brandon, scanning Samir's body.

"You're close to her, correct? You were the one who called me when she was near death."

"I've known Rosen for years, both as her Gamma, and her friend. She is a hard shell, that once you crack you realize that there is an even harder shell underneath. If you are expecting her to become soft in your arms, and swoon over you, she is not the woman for you." Brandon said, but Samir could tell that he admired his Alpha, perhaps more than a Gamma should. Samir could feel the anger slowly burning through him. But, as he felt it burn, he realized it was not anger, but instead jealousy. He was jealous of the young wolf in front of him, for the way that he knew Rosen and the way that he felt towards his mate.

"I knew the moment that I saw her that she was not a soft woman. If she had been, I do not believe that I would have even thought twice about fulfilling my contract. Fate has decided that we are meant to be." Samir said, to remind both himself and the young wolf that Rosen was his.

"She won't accept you easily. Even though she may never reject you again, she may never treat you like a mate." Brandon informed.

"Are you trying to frighten me away, wolf?" Samir challenged.

"No, not at all. I am just trying to prepare you for being Rosen's mate. You are her one chance to forget the past, to forget Mircolas. I want you to work, despite how I feel." He said, confirming Samir's suspicions.

"Then, I thank you for your words." Samir said, leaving the wolf alone. He could not stand there to talk to the Gamma any longer, the young wolf was irritating. Samir wanted to find Mircolas, and meet this man for this first time. This man held a part of Rosen that Samir craved, and he wanted to know who it was that he was competing with. 

Two updates in two days! I am just as surprised as you guys! I hope you enjoy it! The story is becoming more complicated, and we are only a few chapters away before we discover what Eris is hiding from Rosen!