Chapter Two--Samir

Samir walked through the long hallway, knowing what was waiting for him on the other end. Most took their life as a Reaper, and used it to only gain money or power, but not Samir. He had been one for so long, that if he did not take pleasure in killing his prey, he would have lost the will to live long ago. He was one of the strongest Reapers out there, and he was only called in for big jobs.

                He knocked twice on the door he stopped it, and it was opened by a large man, maybe six six, six seven? Samir entered, and he could feel the Alpha’s eyes on his back. He knew it was an Alpha, just the way he held himself with such confidence and authority, though he had no effect on Samir. Samir could kill him in a matter of minutes.

                “You are the Reaper?” The Alpha asked, with a hint of disbelief in his tone. Was he expecting someone taller, bulkier? Samir peaked at about six feet, and he had a nice bulk to him, but he was smaller than the Alpha in front of him and he did not really give off the look of danger. Sure, to humans and lower class supernaturals Samir was frightening, but to an Alpha, Samir looked weak. Looks were deceiving though.

                “Were you expecting someone taller?” Samir asked, taking a seat.

                “Well…this wolf is ruthless, many have battled against the wolf and have yet to win, most larger than you.”

                “How powerful is he?” Samir asked, not very interested. This was the usual tale, an undefeatable foe, one no one can conquer, and yet Samir kills him swiftly and quickly. Most of these calls were a waste of Samir’s time.

                “She is one of the most powerful werewolves out there.”

                “Oh, I do not usually Reap women.” Samir admitted. He preferred to leave the women to women Reapers, because they were never really a challenge to him and he found them quite boring.

                “Well, you are our last resort. She has already killed twelve Reapers; we have no other choice but to go to you.”

                “Wait, this she-wolf has killed twelve Reapers?”

                “Yes, she is the Alpha of the Black Moon pack.”

                “Oh, that explains everything. I have heard of this woman, she is dangerous, is she not?”

                “She is, which is why I was hoping you would take the job to end her and her reign.”

                “That will cost extra.”

                “Name your price.” Samir stood up.

                “You will know what I want, once she is dead.” Samir walked out of the room. Usually he did his researched, learned his prey better, and he was going to do a limited amount of that, but everyone knew Rosen Jacobs, Alpha of Black Moon. She was the most feared, respected and hated supernaturals.

                “Wait!” The Alpha called and Samir turned to face him. “There is something you must know. One week from now, Rosen will be holding the monthly induction for the new wolves. This month she has six wolves to induct, which means she will be up late and will have to perform her Alpha duties missing a night of sleep, which may not sound like a lot but she is a wolf who can not go without sleep.”

                “So, she will be weakened?”

                “Yes.” Usually Samir would not take this cheat, but he knew that this wolf was unlike any other, she might be a match for him. Samir did not encounter people who could match him, so he was looking forward to this match; one he knew was to the death.