Chapter Six--Samir

Samir stood there, just staring at his hand. What had happened? The wolf uttered some words and some force ripped them apart. He should have known that she was tricking him, because she had accepted him much too quickly, but exactly had she done? What were the words that she said? Reject… it sounded foreign but Samir knew what it meant to werewolves.

                “Why did you reject me?” He asked, realizing that he had been in a daze. He looked up at Rosen, expecting to see her arms crossed and her standing in defiance, but the woman he saw was not the strong Rosen. She was slumped over, her face was flushed, her breathing was rapid and she kept blinking her eyes, trying to focus on him. “What the hell?” He asked, not wanting to get close to her, not knowing what caused her sudden illness. She looked like a human when they suffer from those incurable diseases.  

 “It’s for the benefit of both of us, now go because I am going to call my Beta and Gamma to the house and I doubt that you want to be here when they arrive.” She told him, ignoring his question. Had she not learned from before that he would not simply leave?   

“But, why are you sick?” He asked, and he generally cared. Samir had never really been interested in woman, especially a woman to bed, but if this wolf was his mate, he planned to make her his, and he wanted her to belong only to him. He did not have to worry about some other man whisking her away; it was her that concerned him, because this wolf owned herself.

“Because I rejected my mate, you fucking moron.” She growled, but then winced. Samir could almost physically feel the pain spreading through her body, and he could smell the illness on her. As a Reaper, he could recognize death and he felt as if not all wolves survived this rejection period, but he knew she would.

“And why do I not feel this?” He asked. He could care less about the fact that she insulted him, her words were hallow and said out of rage and pain.

“Because I rejected you and I had no ‘logical’ reason to, you had not cheated on me, betrayed me, hurt me and you were loyal to me, so my wolf and body are punishing me. Now leave, and never come back because I am calling my officers here and they will kill you, better yet, stay.” She ground out, but with the way, she was feeling her words were light and forced. She called her Gamma and while she did, that Samir examined her. She was a wonderful Alpha, but she was also very beautiful and he was not sure why. Her read hair was sticking up, but not much, and her lips were set in a grimace, she looked as if she had never truly experience joy, or at least not recently. Then again who was Samir to judge on joy, the man practically reeked of death and despair. As she finished her conversation, Samir could resist but to feel her head, just to touch her soft hair. As he laid his hand on her head, he still felt the shocks, they were just not as potent, and her color returned quickly, but the moment he took his hand away the pain fell back on her.

Samir knew he had to leave, he knew that there was no way that he could stay there not with her officers coming. He moved quickly out of the house and into the woods. He had to call the job off; there was no way in hell that he was going to still do the job with the woman being his mate. Samir had never felt this way about a woman, not since her, and he was not going to allow this one to end as the one before so he was going to fight for her, even if she did not want him. He could still feel the rejection, the shock of pain that went through him before he had even understood what had happened.

 He wondered if there was more to her rejecting him, more than the obvious idea of wanting to be a good Alpha for her pack, what if there was some underlying reason for her rejecting him? He knew he couldn’t ponder on this idea for long because he had to tell the Alpha that hired him that he could no longer do the job and he had to tell him as soon as possible because he had had the job for one week now, and he knew the Alpha was growing impatient, though that did not frighten Samir, it simply annoyed him to have an Alpha on his back.

Once he made it to his car, he quickly left the Black Moon are, but not before swearing that he was going to return to Rosen.

Ok I know that this is super short, but I worked all day today, plus most of the drama is going to be happening in Rosen’s perspective during this period of the book, so I am going to focus more on hers than his! Vote/Comment if you enjoyed!