Chapter Five--Rosen

Rosen knew that she should have killed him before she told him the truth, because now he knew that he held power over her and Rosen hated that. She was ready to beat him until her knuckles were bloody, but she could not, something was holding her back. Rosen felt pretty hopeless until an idea popped into her mind.

                “Ok, let’s try this again.” Rosen said, standing up and backing away from Samir. He stood up, and he was towering her. “Wait; if your blood is acid, why is it that none of the other Reapers’ blood was acidic?”

                “Because, I am one of the eldest, from the times when Reapers were meant to bring people to the under-world, when their job had meaning not simply killing for money. Also, as Reapers intergraded themselves into the world, mating with creatures other than Reapers their blood became diluted.”

                “Ok.” Rosen nodded. “Let’s start fresh.” She said. “I am Rosen Jacobs.” She said, stretching her hand out. Samir looked confused, but he still mimicked her.

                “I am Samir Nicoli.” Samir shook hands with her.

                “Well, I, Rosen Jacobs reject you, Samir Nicoli.” As soon as Rosen said the words, she and Samir were jolted apart and Rosen felt physically ill. She had been warned what it would be like to reject her mate, but she had believed that most wolves had been exaggerating. Rosen felt like she was going vomit, she could feel her body breaking out in a sweat because of the fever that was starting and she could barely breathe. She staggered back to her bed and when she looked up at Samir, he was standing there just staring at his hand but he looked perfectly normal. Damn Reaper, Rosen thought, of course he would not feel it, only she would,

                “Why did you reject me?” He asked, looking at her for the first time and his eyes widened. “What the hell?” He asked, still keeping his distance.

                “It’s for the benefit of both of us, now go because I am going to call my Beta and Gamma to the house and I doubt that you want to be here when they arrive.”

                “But, why are you so sick?” He asked and he sounded as if he were concerned. Of course, he was concerned, he was her damn mate. Why? Why did she have to have a mate? Rosen had assumed that her mate had died since she had not met him yet, but only she would be cursed enough to have a Reaper as a mate.

                “Because I rejected my mate, you fucking moron.” She growled, a migraine spreading its way through her head and causing her vision to start to blur. She should have just killed him.

                “And why do I not feel this?” he asked, unperturbed by the fact she insulted him.

                “Because I rejected you and I had no ‘logical’ reason to, you had not cheated on me, betrayed me, hurt me and you were loyal to me, so my wolf and body are punishing me. Now leave, and never come back because I am calling my officers here and they will kill you, better yet, stay.” Rosen dialed Brandon’s number and he answered before the first ring finished.

                “What is it; you are supposed to be sleeping?”

                “I need you here, now. There is an issue; I am calling Jarod after you.”

                “You sound strange."

              "I will explain it when you get here and get here before Jarod.” Rosen felt Samir’s hand on her head, and her pain began to decrease. Samir pulled his hand away and then vanished from her sight, she was not sure how he got out and she did not care. Drake whined next to her and he tried to curl up next to her, but he was too hot so she quickly pushed him away. She called Jarod, and before he answered, Brandon was at her door.

                “What is it?” Jarod asked.

                “I need you to come home; now, we will find a replacement later it is more important for you to be home right now.”

                “Why? It will take me a few hours to get there.”

                “That is fine; Brandon will fill you in when you get here.”

                “Yes, Alpha.” Rosen hung up the phone and looked at Brandon, she tried not to let her weakness show but she was in more pain than she had ever experienced in her life, and Rosen had been through a lot.

                “What is wrong with you?” Brandon asked and Rosen wondered how bad she really looked.

                “I just rejected my mate.”

                “What?!”

                “Do not yell.” She commanded. “It was that fucking Reaper, only I would get a Reaper as my mate.”

                “You rejected him? I though I smelt death so I assume he has been here recently, when will you be better?”

                “It will worsen for three days, and one the fourth day the pain and sickness will subside. I will leave both Jarod and you in charge of the back while I am getting better, but I need you to promise me something first.”

                “What is it?”

                “First, you do not inform Jarod who my mate is, and you have to swear that you will not bring him to me.”

                “Why would you want him?”

                “By tomorrow night, I will be begging for him to come, because only he can make my pain go away, but I have t o make it through this and you can not bring him to me.”

                “Why do you not want mate so bad?” Brandon asked.

                “You already know that answer, I do not want to have him ruin my ability to lead, I will become weak and I will have a soft spot.”

                “Is that it? Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with—?”

                “Don't you dare.” She growled menacingly. “Do not mention it, you know better Brandon.”

                “You are punishing yourself just because—”

                “Get the hell out, Brandon. Fill Jarod in when he gets here, but I do not want to see you right now.” Brandon obeyed and left the room. Rosen was seething. Brandon knew better than to bring that up around Rosen and the fact that he had the audacity to blame that for Rosen rejecting Samir had her pissed. However, her anger was short lasted because the pain soon took over all other feelings.

                Rosen ground her teeth and braced herself for the worst; she knew that she had to go through this to get what she wanted. She tried to think of anything to get her mind off the pain, but there was nothing that could make her focus veer from the suffering she was going through. Her vision was blurred so horribly that she could not tell the difference between the walls and the floor. The pounding in her ears made it impossible to hear anything, not even Drake’s constant whining.

                She had thought that she was going to wait until tomorrow to call out for Samir, but the pain was much more than she had expected, and his name slipped from her lips when she fell into a restless kind of sleep.

                Ok, I know it is short, but I think it is pretty good, I mean some drama did happen in here! Vote/comment if you enjoyed! Thank you all for reading!