Chapter 21

Zack's POV

"Where the hell are they"I shouted, slamming my fists down on the wooden desks. I saw Max jump a bit, but he quickly regained himself and stared back down at the map. We've been trying to figure out their location for two days non-stop and we aren't getting closer very soon. Last night I felt Zaira slipping away from me again and I was unably to contact her at all and it frustrated me to my very core, but I cannot focus on our connection now I need to figure out her and Grace's location so there wouldn't even need to be a problem with connection. Sam was doing her best at calming me and Mom tries keeping my mind of them, but it's physically impossible to do so.

"Maybe we should rest for a while or do something else, you're clearly not thinking straigh anymore"Max stated softly, walking across the room to stand across from me.
"I will not rest until they are safely inside my territory, he isn't resting, Max. He is working constantly, getting  more people on his side and every minute I rest is another minute they have to suffer to keep me safe. So I will not rest, I will not stop until they are here, I will not stop until I can't do anything at all anymore. You can go to sleep if you want, but I'm going to figure this out."Max didn't answer me nor did he try to argue with me he only turned around and walked away, leaving me alone to think where they could possibly be. I've thought of almost every possible location, but it seems that every options turns out to be a dead end and it doesn't help that I can barely feel Zaira anymore and I'm probably the only one who is able to contact her and as that thought crossed my mind I said it.

"Zai I'm coming"

And just as I said it, I felt her slipping away from me and our connection was lost in an intense. A knock on the door pulled me away from my thoughts and back to reality "Come in" I said softly and looked back down at the door, I heard the door creak open and soft footsteps walking into the room."Max said you don't want to rest or anything"Sam's soft voice filled my ears, I didn't dare look up to meet her eyes and kept on staring down at the map, but not focusing on it  all even only listening to her soft breathing before she spoke "I know you miss them and I do too, but starving yourself and pushing your sleeping limits to the fullest will do no one good okeyy. I know you don't like hearing this, but you have to sleep what if he attacks tomorrow and you are to weak to even fight him because you were wasting your time to figure out where they are when you should be working on your strength and most importantly your well being."she sighed softly moving forward and putting something on my desk, but I couldn't see what it was"you don't have to listen to me, but at least listen to them." I saw her turning around and a few seconds later I heard the door shut behind her. I finally looked up from the map and saw what Sam had placed on my desk, there in the corner of my dark oak desk laid a picture with a golden necklace on top of it. I walked around my desk to the corner and picked up both items in my hand, the photo resembled a picture we took a few days ago. Zaira, Grace and I were swimming outside when mom came out with a camera and took a picture of all three of us with only our heads seen from the swimming pool, our hair pulled back from the wet water and our smiles wider than ever. It was the first picture I ever took with Grace and Zaira and I would never forget it ever, thw necklace was something I've seen Zaira wear often and she'd bragged about it a few times already. It was a golden necklace with two heart intertwined with one another hanging from it, apparently her adopted little brother bought it for her for her sixteenth birthday, she never took it off. I wonder why she took it off this time, probably some weird reason I would probably never know.

I folded the picute and wrapped the necklace around it and place both of them in my shirt pocket, nearest to my heart. I turned around and walked out the door deciding to take Sam's advice on the whole resting thing and made my way down the stairs where I heard soft chatter coming from the kitchen.