Chapter 1

I had just got home from school. I walked in "hey mum, im home!" i said and dumped my bag " through here sweetie!" my mum said from the living room. I walked through and smiled, she was dressed ready to leave " hey mum where you of to?" i asked and she smiled " your comming with come on, we wont be long!" she said and i nodded, we walked out to the car and she drove us somewhere.

It didnt take long but we stoped outside a lawfirm building " mum,dad where are we?" my mum had picked my dad up at work and he was in the car with us. They got out the car and i followed them both, i saw my brother waiting outside with his skateboard "hey!" he said and he followed us in. My brother was a year younger and he was a right dick.

We walked into an office and saw a man behind a desk and a young woman and an elder woman sitting infront of him with the desk seperatting them. We sat down on the chairs and the man turned to me " Kate, as your now eighteen we need to tell you that your in an arranged marriage that your mum and dad both signed. This is Sarah the person you will be marrying!" i just sat there replaying what he just said and every time he did i got angrier, AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE!

I looked at my mum and dad and they were looking to see what my reaction was "an arranged marriage!" i said through gritted teeth and my mum nodded and i got even angrier. I stood up and started pacing the room " why would you do this?" i asked angry and both my parents looked at me with sympathy "we wanted you to be happy!" my mum said and i laughed a bit " happy? really thats your excuse!" i yelled "Kate please stop yelling!" my dad said and i just looked at him " you told me i was in an arranged marriage what am i suppose to do, sing and dance with a unicorn!" i said and he sighed.

I cant be in an arranged marriage, i dont dissagree with them but its the shock my parents would do this to me. Huh! my parents, im so angry with them right now " i dont want to see you both ever again, im disowning you as parents!" i said and stormed of and out the building, as soon as i got out i threw up at the side, when i was done i turned around and saw my brother " Kate, dont do this. it isnt that bad!" he said and i just laughed at him " isnt that bad, my future has been decided for me!" i said and walked home.

When i got in i started packing, i was not staying here anymore. I was in my last year of school but i had enough credits to graduate early and i already had a schoolarship at a football college, it was my thing. I was upstairs when i heard my family come in. I walked downstairs with my bag in hand and left the house and put it in my boot and walked back in for my stuff but my brother stoped me at the door " you cant leave!" he said panicked, i looked around and saw my mum and dad crying and Sarah was here with the elderly woman who i prosumed was her mum, they were looking a bit confused.

I stormed back up stairs and got the other two bags and put them in my boot, i walked back in and into the living room where everyone was. I opened our document drawer and got my wallet and passport " where will you go?" my mum asked and i slammed it shut " i have a schoolership at a college they wanted me to go early but i declined i'll see if i can get that back and i have enough credits to graduate!" i said and my mum gasped " you cant do this to us!" my dad said and i just looked at him shocked " well your one to talk, putting your own daughter in an arranged marriage!" i said.

I turned to my brother who was now crying " i hope everyhting goes okay!" i said and he hugged me and i hugged him back. He let me go and i turned to Sarah " im sorry about this but i cant agree to it i hope it goes okay in the future for you!" i said and walked to my car, my mum came following me and the others stood at the door, she clung onto me and wouldnt let me in my car " dont do this, we can talk about it!" she said and i started to cry " talk about it, mum no matter how much we talked you both still sighned it saying yes i want my daughter to marry her!" i said and she let her guard down. I pushed by her and got in my car, i started to reverse out but my brother stoped me, he motioned me to put my window down and i did, he walked over and just stared at me " please, dont go i need you!" he said and i sighed " im sorry i cant!" i said and he gave me a hug through the window.

I traveled to Texas from Minasotta and was aloud into the college, they were more than happy to have me. I told them i didnt want anything from my parents and they were happy to agree to that. My mum called everyday but i never answered.