unlucky.

[A/N: trigger warning for this chapter.]

"Ty Lee, go find the others! We need their help, Toph and Aang need to get us out of here!" Zuko yelled flames while Mai threw shurikens at the guards and Katara whipped the men away. These guards are traitors, Zuko should have them all killed for betraying their country like this. It had been nearing the two-minute mark when more fire came to help the group, the fiery help came with men being thrown back from the earth moving underneath their feet. Ty Lee had brought the others back, thank Agni. With the help of their friends, the group of benders and non-benders were able to fight off the guards but it was already too late, Ozai had escaped with Suzume. Neither were in sight.

"I can't believe this... I can't believe him, bringing an innocent child into a civil war," Azula was shocked, saddened, and angered.

"Now you know how Mother felt," Azula whipped her head to see Zuko, she really didn't need his foolish saying as of right now, but that wasn't foolish and it was in fact true. Her mother and father had argued countless times about her, how he had been changing her into something despicable, now her father was changing her own daughter into something despicable.

"I wasn't three when I was fighting in a war, Zuko. He had her attack us. She blatantly took part in a civil war," Azula argued and her argument was valid, Zuko knew that.

"You attacked her back, Azula." Azula was no longer looking at Zuko but her head had whipped over to Mai's. She was sickened by herself.

"My mother used harsh words against me, there's not much of a difference. I'm not waiting eleven years to fix this mess though, I don't plan on reuniting with my daughter when she's in a mental institution. I'm going to fix this as soon as I can." Everybody knew that Azula would need their help, she couldn't take down her father without them. Her sanity was slipping with each passing day and it was only getting worse with each failed attempt at saving Suzume. Suzume was on Ozai's side now, Suzume was helping her grandfather take down her whole family without truly knowing it yet.

A hand was placed on Azula's shoulder, "We'll get her back, Azula. I promise you, we'll all work together to get her back for you," Azula couldn't believe her brother was being so nice to her, their mother must have had something to do with Zuko and her not squabbling every single second of the day, or maybe it was just the fact that Zuko knew what would happen if Azula was separated from her daughter for a long period of time. Thirty-three days had already taken a large toll on her mental health, nobody wanted to see Azula hit rock-bottom again.

"Zuko, Azula, we need to leave now," Sokka's voice chimed in the dirt and fire covered dome. The room was left in a fiery ruin from the battle, it was picturesque but Azula's blue flames had given the room an eerie glow to it.

"Ty Lee, chi block... This one... And this one. We're taking home a couple souvenirs," Azula pointed to two fairly scared looking guards, Ty Lee followed the princess' orders and chi blocked the men before Sokka and Zuko tied them up and took them hostage. They would get information out of these two men, they had an upper hand now, they would know Ozai's every plan, hopefully.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"What do you mean they won't talk?" Azula wasn't taking no for an answer, she would walk into that room and scare those boys enough to make them cry if she had to. She would get the information out of them, she would find Suzume.

"We've tried everything. One of them tried using their hands to break their own neck so now every limb is chained down, as well as the chair. We'll get the information out of them eventually, I'm sure but-" Zuko was cut off by his little sister walking past him and into the room where the men were being held captive. She had taken a complete chance on taking these men hostage and she would not fail herself again.