cerulean.

"Aunt Kiyi, I want to go home! I want to see my mommy!" The tot cried as she sat beside her aunt. She was scared, cold, and wanted her mother more than anything. Suzume looked up at Kiyi's face and it was a mix of fear and anger. Kiyi had heard her mother and father conversing about Zuko and Azula's father escaping prison and going after Azula and Suzume, Kiyi didn't think it would end up being her and Suzume who were captured. While escaping to the war room, the guards had ambushed them and although Kiyi had tried her best in keeping her family safe, it had been no use. Her firebending skills had been no use against the several guards who were all firebending masters. The guards had taken the young girl and her niece and escaped. Kiyi would never forget her mother's shrill screams as the men took her away, it was haunting her as she tried to devise a plan. Azula was as protective over Suzume as Ursa was to Kiyi. Kiyi knew that their hearts would both be broken, but they would act differently, Azula would seek immediate revenge while Ursa would grieve for a few moments before acting. Both were dangerous women, Kiyi knew that they would find a way to work together to collect their children. They had to.

In the meantime, as the two young girls sat down, confined in a metal box, all Kiyi could do was hold her niece close to her, shushing her as they both silently cried. Kiyi was trying to stay strong but even this was scary for her, she had only been taken away once before and she hardly remembered it. This was different because it involved Zuko and Azula's crazy father, the man that wanted her whole family dead.

"We'll be okay, Suzume. I'll keep you safe," Kiyi was really trying her hardest to act strong, but she knew that she was upset too. She wanted her mother and father more than anything, she wanted to be with her family. Heck, she would even be willing to give Azula a hug if it came down to it. The girls snuggled together as they awaited to see where their destination would lead them, and while Kiyi whispered words of confidence into the smaller girl's ear, she tried desperately to believe her own words.

Both girls were soon awoken when they were trashed about in the metal box they were confined in. Kiyi could hear squabbling just outside the box and knew her chance was near. Once she heard a lock being fiddled with she was incredibly hopeful, she let go of a scared Suzume and readied herself. She took a deep breath before seeing sunlight hit her face, she let the anger that had been boxed up inside of her out and the guards that had captured them were surprised, they hadn't expected a girl so tiny to erupt a flame so big, but hadn't they of dealt with Azula many years prior? It was their fault for not expecting it.

Immediately, Kiyi was kicked to the ground and shackles and a muzzle were now on her. The shackles made her wrists ache and the muzzle was uncomfortable. Kiyi watched in horror as they did the same to her little niece, however, there was no muzzle put on her. Suzume could cry and whine, but she couldn't fire bend. Suzume was a non-bender as far as anybody was concerned.

The chain that was connected to the shackles on the arms of both girls was tugged so the girls followed. It was when the small girls were met with a huge red door with the fire nation insignia on it that Kiyi began to sweat and Suzume began to cry. The door was opened and the guards tugged on the girl's shackles again, pulling them to force them both into a big and scary room.

"I've been waiting to meet you both," A calm, low, and scary voice began talking. Kiyi had shivers running up and down her spine and Suzume looked as if she was about to cry again, "You. You must be Kiyi. I always knew that my wife could commit more than just one act of treason. I underestimated her. Not only did she kill my father, she could allow herself to conceive another man's child. I let that wretched boy live, but I have no use for you." Muffled screams of anger were finding their way out of Kiyi's muzzle and the small tot beside her began to cry, Suzume had never been more scared in her life.