Prologue: The Caravan

(Prologue) The Caravan

(note: this is my first book. sorry if it lacks the skill/detail of someone more experinced. but it will get better as you get farther into the story, please at least read a few chapters before giving up on me, haha!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Set in mid evil times)

There once was a poor group of merchants that traveled anywhere they thought they could make money to survive.

One unfortunate day they were traveling along the road through a forest when they came across a group of large brutish men. As they walked past them, another group of men emerged in front of them up the road.

The merchant group knew what was happening right away, the men of the merchant group slowly surround and wade out to the edges of the group as a defensive tactic, and eventually they were in a circle around their caravan prepared to defend it.

Slowly more and more people came out of the woods, there was nearly forty men surrounding the caravan in a large circle.

The caravan only had ten men, the woman were busy tending to the children trying to calm them down.

The caravan didn't have a chance of survival they were to greatly outnumbered. The leader of the caravan quickly told the women and children to be ready to run.

As the bandits approached, their leader steps out towards the caravan, he had a very large scar Running Down his right eye, he spoke in a loud booming voice,

"Surrender all your possessions and women and we will allow you to live." He said with a large grin.

Everyone in the caravan knew this was not an option they couldn't simply allow them to take the innocent women. They had to fight while the women and children tried to escape, the leader of the caravan came forward and yelled back to the leader of the thieves.

"We will not surrender!"

At that the bandit leader signaled for his followers to attack caravan, the caravan held their ground waiting till they drew closer.

The leader of the caravan told the group.

"Wait......"

"Wait......."

"Wait........"

"SCATTER!!!"

After he gave the signal all the women and children ran in all different directions, ducking and diving away from the bandits but they weren't fast enough, it was a slaughter, the men of the caravan fought bravely but quickly were overrun by sheer numbers.

The last man to fall was the leader of the caravan he was able to kill six of the bandits quickly and quite easily until he took an arrow through the chest from behind, by the bandit leader...

I watched him fall to the ground, and he watched me as he fell, that was all I remember from that day, I was the only person that survived....