Chapter 4

I can't believe my story has 1K reads! It's incredible! Thank you to all of my readers and to those who have voted and left a comment! I really appreciate it.

This chapter is not long but I felt that I had to post something since my last post was 2 months ago. I will try to update every 2 weeks but it will depend on how busy school keeps me.

I hope you all like the chapter. (Not edited. I'll go back later and fix any mistakes.)

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

"What did you just say?" I could not have heard him correctly.

As if realizing that he had spoken out loud he shook his head. "Nothing you have to worry about right now. I need to get you out of here."

I'm pretty sure I just heard him call me his little sister. Again, that could only mean one thing...

My gaze locked with his as he reached behind me and started untying my hands. I grit my teeth in pain as the release of pressure on my wrists caused a surge of pain.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." He murmured as he bent down and untied my legs as well. Another surge of pain made it's way up my leg.

I couldn't help but let out a painful laugh. Maybe I was becoming delirious.

"So, you're not going to kill me?" I said with hesitation.

"No" He said as if I had asked a stupid question. "Tell me, Clarissa, what are you doing so far away from your home, by yourself might I add?" He took a step back from me and gave me a once over.

I was tempted to just ignore his question but I was already in too deep so what was the point of ignoring it?

"I was told that my biological father lived there." I tried to sound calm but my shaky voice betrayed me. "I was looking for him and well, here we are." I tried to let out a smile but it came out more of a grimace.

The man arched an eyebrow. "And tell me, who is your father?"

I looked into his eyes and hesitated. I licked my lips. Again, I felt like I was having heart palpitations that could send me into a heart attack at any moment now.

I looked away from him and whispered my father's name. "Santiago Fontanilla."

Once again he nodded. "Well, believe me when I say that this is not a situation that I expected to run into today."

"If we're being honest, I wasn't expecting to get my ass beat either."

As if I said a joke the guy started laughing. Not sure how to respond I just continued to stare at him while cradling my hurt wrist against my chest.

"Are you okay to walk?"

I attempted to stand up only to have my legs give out and send me down to the floor. Before I could completely kiss the concrete the guy ran over to me and gently picked me up into his arms. "I'll break his fucking legs." I heard him mumble to himself.

I was in too much pain to fight him off, and even if I was able to, I knew it wouldn't get me very far. All in all, I was grateful he wasn't trying to kill me.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked in a groggy voice.

His face showed signs of an internal struggle. He briefly looked down at me before looking up ahead again. "Oh, well, Santiago's my father." He said drawled out.

Once he reached the door he hit it a few times with his foot and took a step back. Within seconds someone was opening the door wide for us to pass through. I took a glance at the guy we just passed. He wasn't the one who had attacked me but he still looked scary. He had a bored look on his face and he didn't even spare me a glance as we passed.

My eyelids were becoming heavy and I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep myself awake for long, try as I might. "So that means..." I trailed off. Forcing myself to stay awake was a hassle.

"It means we could potentially be siblings if what you say is true. Which with only glance at you, it's to believe that you're not."

I remained quite, taking in the information. I tried to organize my thoughts which proved to be difficult with the now intense headache that was overtaking my brain.

"Since you know my name, can I at least get yours before I pass out?"

He looked down at me and his steps quickened with urgency. "Diego." He simply answered.

I closed my eyes as a wave of tiredness finally washed over me. I felt myself drifting off even though I tried to stay awake, scared that I might have a concussion. But with the recent events my body was too exhausted. Eventually, I couldn't fight off the darkness that consumed me.

———————————————

Edited 10/10/2021.

I can't believe this chapter was posted over 7 years ago and that I'm barely coming around to edit it 7 years later! ( I couldn't bare to erase my original authors note of my story reaching 1k reads. The memories!)