Chapter 11- Aly

I WOKE TO AN UNFAMILIAR warmth. As I opened my eyes it took me a while to remember where I was but then I felt Jared's arms around me.

And then it hit me. Everything that had happened last night: Jared's song, my talk with Steph, me in the shower finally deciding to leave Austin.

Austin. Austin had tried to rape me. It had been awful. Every minute of it.

Jared saying everything was going to be okay in Step's bedroom. Jared telling me he loved me. Me telling him I loved him too. Jared kissing me.

That kiss, it had erased everything bad from that night, it was so perfect. He was gentle, almost afraid to touch me. I didn't find it in me to tell him that it was okay. Because it really was. At first I thought that it would feel weird, that it would disgust me after what he had done. But the moment he pressed his lips against mine, any scary feeling I was having flew away.

I wasn't going to let the fact that my boyfriend had tried to force me, scared me for life. I wasn't giving him the satisfaction of defining me.

My eyes made contact with Jared's right hand. I flinched. It was swollen and slightly purple. If this was his hand I couldn't imagine how Austin's face looked like.

What had happened with him? Was he there when we left? I couldn't remember. I had too many questions and as much as I would love to continue hearing Jared's peaceful breathes, I needed to wake him up. And I needed to bring some ice for his hand. It was the least I could do, considering how good to me he was last night. So I shifted my body to face him. My movement woke him up and he slightly opened his eyes. When he saw my face, he smiled.

"Hi." He said and planted a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Hi." I smiled back. "I could get use to this." I told him.

"Mmm, me too." And kissed me again. 

"Jared look at your hand." I said. Popping the love bubble. But it had to be done.

He lifted his arm and his eyes popped open when he saw his hand.

"It hurts like hell." He admitted. "I should go get some ice." He said starting to move. I pulled him back down.

"I'll bring you some." I told him.

"You don't need to do that." He said.

"I know, but I want to. Meanwhile, you should get some aspirins or something, for the pain." I said. 

He nodded. "Thank you." He said. I got out of bed and headed downstairs.

When I walked in the kitchen I ran into a very confusing looking Mr. Holt holding a cup of coffee.

"Aly?" He asked.

"Yes, em... Hi Mr. Holt." I said awkwardly.

Why? Why hadn't it crossed my mind that other people lived in this house too?

"What are you doing here, weren't you all in the lake house of that boyfriend of yours?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. He is not my boyfriend anymore." I said looking at my feet.

"Ahh, you don't need to say anything more." He said.

Thank god.

"Just answer me this: do I need to kick someone's ass?" He questioned.

I laughed.

"No sir, I believe your son has already taken care of that. In fact, I'm here for some ice for his hand." I admitted. I thought he would looked worried or that he would try to ask more questions, but instead? He grinned.