: C :

I never thought when Eve had asked too meet at a restaurant downtown that I would need to change out of my attire; a shirt and jeans. As I pulled up it was clear I should have, the place had a valet of all things. It was shitty really since I had to tip a snot nosed old guy who I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t know the directions to the local fast food joint down the road. He was that type of person.

A young rather hot women stood at the door, her shirt a little too tight; to get more tips most likely. It was a good idea; to be honest with you I might have done it too, if I was her. Eve sat pin straight in her mahogany chair, her skin covered with a dress that looked too shiny to be a normal material; velvet maybe?

She didn’t say a word to me as I sat, or even take a glance. She spoke with certain flair of elegance I hadn’t ever seen, or maybe I just hadn’t noticed it. She looked content sipping on her glass of sparking water that left a sheen of water on her lips, the almost looked deeper in color tonight. She looked beautiful.

“Your hair is fucking weird” A prude women looked up from her meal and scowled at as, but Eve merely smiled at her as if too excuse the behavior.

“It’s just up” She shrugged, toying with the strands in her fingers as if to make sure they were still there before dropping them.

“I don’t like it”

“Neither do I”

“Why are we here?”

She sighed.

“For a reason, I needed someone to talk too”

“Why here, and now?” I asked again.

“Because, here and now is exactly the right time”

“For what exactly?” I stared at her and she didn’t move.

“To - nothing”

She ordered a bottle of wine after that, she wasn’t old enough and the waiter knew it, his beady eyes widen slightly at the order but he didn’t object since as I looked at the menu I realized she was forking out a pretty hefting amount.

The funny thing was we didn’t talk like she wanted too; instead we drank the bottle clean, even if all we could both taste was grape. We drank it away anyway. I had two glasses before the bottle had disappeared and another replaced it.

I didn’t think about the headache I would endure the next morning or even the silence that lingered between us. I sat consumed by thoughts that were filled will her. It was twelve when we departed. She walked and even with my fathers car I still didn’t drive her. She just walked into the darkness, a ghostly smile on her face before she turned fast.

“I hate to love you Curtis James”

She kissed my lips softly and we both smiled. It wasn’t urgent, since we still had time. I had time for once, and maybe it was because I knew that I wasn’t going anywhere without her.

“I would die for you” She laughed at the humor only the two of us could understand.

“That wouldn’t be a feet for you” She joked, her eyes had this glassy quality as small tears escaped them

“Well how about I will live for you?”

“Yes” She agreed dragging a hand through my hair before turning around again and running for no reason other than happiness. It is unfair how those kinds of emotions can be temporary; it is depressing as hell that everything is temporary.